Turbos Quit Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See? Literally can't even take the criticism that they don't take criticism well.

LOL, how many G2 owners hang out on the G1 side of the forum? G1 owners are the only ones trying to convince everyone how great their truck is despite all the upgrades to the G2.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
See? Literally can't even take the criticism that they don't take criticism well.

See? Too trollin’ to actually read the words before responding.

What I did was redirect your troll and applied the same criticism back in your direction. And note, I did not disagree with your post, I merely pointed out that Jennifer owners suffer the same malady as some in the Gen2 sub-fora.

Rapty

Reaction score
The gen2 makes more power in the entire rpm range starting from about 1300rpm and quite lieterally 100% of the reviews I’ve watched and read say it outhandles the gen one on and off road. Sounds like you have a broken engine and suspension.

Well it’s been confirmed, 2nd turbo is shot and a broken sway bar bracket. Low on engine oil and coolant. Transfer case fluid is cooked at 19,000 miles. Gotta love this POS truck. What was it built for exactly?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it’s been confirmed, 2nd turbo is shot and a broken sway bar bracket. Low on engine oil and coolant. Transfer case fluid is cooked at 19,000 miles. Gotta love this POS truck. What was it built for exactly?

I'm not sure what you are doing with your truck, but the harder you run it, the more maintenance it needs. Race trucks are exponentially more durable than our toy Raptors, but they still need to be rebuilt after every race weekend. If you don't maintain your equipment, that's on you.

Rapty

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are doing with your truck, but the harder you run it, the more maintenance it needs. Race trucks are exponentially more durable than our toy Raptors, but they still need to be rebuilt after every race weekend. If you don't maintain your equipment, that's on you.

I use it for work, lots of gravel roads some highway, no trails, no racing. I drive fast over rough roads, no pot holes just frost heaves, not air catching conditions whatsoever. I maintain it as per the manual recommendations. If I have to start rebuilding turbos, changing head gaskets, servicing suspension components preemptively every 4 months then I’d put the blame on Ford for manufacturing a poser of a truck. I had my gen 1 for 4 1/2 years 120,000 miles I did the brakes and changed a power steering hose. My Gen 2 is weak.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.....My Gen 2 is weak.

Sure sounds like it. You obviously bought a truck with one or more poorly built turbos. Shit happens. Mine has been perfect for the first 20k miles. We'll see how long it lasts.

However the REAL problem isn't with Ford corporate, the problem is dumb shit dealer shops' worthless "technician" goons ******* shit up.

Well, if Ford corporate would rip those ******* dealers ******** out, the dealer network would improve. Mazda rates their dealers based on complaints and severely restrict the guilty dealer's hold-backs, hitting them in their bottom line financially. The Mazda dealer network is really good as far as dealers go. A shit dealer won't be a Mazda franchise for long if their service sucks.