Turbos Quit Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 18 with 14k miles. Had no issues with it until this morning. On the interstate with freezing rain and snow while passing someone my engine lost power. The turbos stopped working and I could barely maintain 60mph. The engine kept running but had hardly any power.

Good times, this is my 3rd Raptor, besides an IWE I’ve never had an issue. For the first time I wish I had the 6.2 this morning lol.

Anybody seen this issue since they supposedly fixed the inter cooler problems?

Haven’t gotten it to the dealer yet so dunno what the issue is.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went into limp mode, probably from IC condensation.

Disconnect the battery and youll probably be all set. happened to me once on a very humid and rainy night in a hilly area with the cruise control on.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of your hoses to the inter-cooler came off. I had this happen on my RS. Engine is running but no boost. Reconnect the hose and you will be good. I never even took my RS to the shop. I just drove it up on ramps and look under the engine and the hose popped off. Easy fix.

Same thing here.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
One of your hoses to the inter-cooler came off. I had this happen on my RS. Engine is running but no boost. Reconnect the hose and you will be good. I never even took my RS to the shop. I just drove it up on ramps and look under the engine and the hose popped off. Easy fix.
this. When I swapped intercoolers I didn't tighten a hose clamp enough and had the exact same thing happen. no cel either.

OP
OP
Fergusf16

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure yet, I disconnected the battery and that didn’t help. It’s at the dealer, I’ll prob know tomorrow. They can get to the recalls as well.

OP
OP
Fergusf16

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I’m hearing a bolt on the fuel pump bracket failed and the truck was getting low fuel pressure. It’s supposedly not associated with the recall that involved the fuel pump earlier in the year. All I know so far and I’m hearing the part is on back order. Super.

My service advisor says he’s never seen this one before.

Rapty

Reaction score
I have an 18 with 14k miles. Had no issues with it until this morning. On the interstate with freezing rain and snow while passing someone my engine lost power. The turbos stopped working and I could barely maintain 60mph. The engine kept running but had hardly any power.

Good times, this is my 3rd Raptor, besides an IWE I’ve never had an issue. For the first time I wish I had the 6.2 this morning lol.

Anybody seen this issue since they supposedly fixed the inter cooler problems?

Haven’t gotten it to the dealer yet so dunno what the issue is.

I had one turbo go at 11,000 miles, now at 19,000 miles the other one is starting to go. It smokes white and blue (badly) and the power is lacking severely. I miss my gen 1, I regret buying this 2018 POS. Although when it runs properly it has power in a small RPM range that surpasses my 6.2L tremendously. But the handling of the truck sucks. I think they made the Gen 2 for city people that don't experience the back roads and off-road conditions. It's a nice truck to look at but I was purchasing it for function. Fingers crossed Nissan releases the Warrior soon!