Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Turbo upgrade

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by magaraptor, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Kuan

Kuan Full Access Member

can you switch back and forth from E85 to regular gas? Wouldn't you have to drain and flush everything?

2. Nood1es

Nood1es Full Access Member

I should’ve been more specific.. When e85 is Available lol.

zombiekiller likes this.
  3. WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD Full Access Member

You can switch back & forth. Gas has some ethanol in it & vice versa. I’d run it for a few minutes prior to going WOT. If you don’t have flex fuel, then you have to swap tunes obviously. If you do have flex fuel, you need to run it for a few in order for the sensor to read your fuel mix properly & adjust accordingly before you go WOT.

4. Kuan

Kuan Full Access Member

Is it true that E85 is a very corrosive material and that it eats things it touches? I had stayed away from E85 vehicles in the past because I heard that the fuel contact surfaces would most likely be toast from the E85.

5. zombiekiller

zombiekiller EXO Crewmember

actually, you can manually flag an octane relearn on the fly, if you needed to switch. ( especially if it isnt a flexfuel tune.)

The same function works great if youve got a full tank of 93 and want to tune the vehicle for 98 without emptying the tank.

i.e.- throw the flag, unhook some hoses and feed it from a gas can full of 98.

WHYUMAD likes this.
  6. WHYUMAD

Yes.. overtime it is on certain components. I know I bought an ethanol specific drop-in fuel pump kit for my Hellcat that had seals, etc. rated to handle high ethanol content.

7. WHYUMAD

I’m pretty sure that’s what they did on my Hellcat. 500 mode was 93 octane, 700+ mode was E85 tune & you could swap on the fly like a stock Hellcat did between its 500 & 700+ HP modes.