Turbo silencer - 2020 Raptor - CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan3001

Reaction score
Did Ford stop installing the turbo silencers for 2020 Raptor? I opened up the intake and nothing was there or did they install them somewhere else?

Any Recommendations on the best cold air intake for the 2020 Raptor?

Thanks much
Dan

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! Silence!!! Until we can determine there is no Prius housing a turbo. @CoronaRaptor ahow him your 6.2 turbos at full volume plz.

CAI’s are something of opinion as they don’t add power, but look cool, can give you a reusable filter element and definitely crank up the turbo noise on these trucks. AFE, Cobb are some that are real nice.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A cold air intake actually adds the correct amount of air filter surface area to pass the air the engine is pulling at 3/4 throttle or higher...it's not just about noise, and if you don't like the noise, go with an enclosed unit, like the S&B or similar.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Silence!!! Until we can determine there is no Prius housing a turbo. @CoronaRaptor ahow him your 6.2 turbos at full volume plz.

CAI’s are something of opinion as they don’t add power, but look cool, can give you a reusable filter element and definitely crank up the turbo noise on these trucks. AFE, Cobb are some that are real nice.

So, a CAI increases turbo noise? That is GREAT! I really like the turbo noise but have to have my windows down to hear it when it is really spinning fast.

A cold air intake actually adds the correct amount of air filter surface area to pass the air the engine is pulling at 3/4 throttle or higher...it's not just about noise, and if you don't like the noise, go with an enclosed unit, like the S&B or similar.

So, if I want to hear more turbo noise, I should stay away from enclosed CAI's? Does anyone have a recommendation?

I have a love/hate relationship with this forum. I was actually driving to work today thinking about it. I love the knowledge base and how much I learn. I hate that one thing learn is how to see money flying out of my wallet!

Reaction score

I did a hood delete at purchase so my engine upgrades and turbo wind go unabated when I drive. #poser

Herk91

Reaction score
The “problem “ you got is your turbos are small to begin with. You are not going to “hear” the high pitched whine. If that’s what you’re looking for, go become a truck driver and start driving 18 wheelers. Unless you get on a hard pull or towing something heavy, you’re not going to hear a whole lot of whine. Besides your Prius can’t handle the true power of these vehicles.