GEN 2 Turbo showing high boost - also pulsing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTHill

Reaction score
Hello all!

2018 Raptor here.

I'm having performance issues with the following symptoms:

- Low power (not all the time)
- Turbo boost pulsing
- Turbo showing VERY high boost in situations where it never used to (mild acceleration will put it to full boost)
- There's a Whipple tune on this that came with it (used). My dealer can't remove it but that's another problem that's being worked.
- During this issue on a long drive, the turbos basically stopped working I I'm guessing the waste gates were fully open. After a restart it fixed it but the pulsing / high boost continued.

Here's a video - it doesn't show the pulsing as well but at full boost it pulses and has very little power.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

GT

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
if you don’t already have FORSCAN, grab a license and an OBD adapter and pull the DTC’s. There’s almost certainly some codes set. See what you’re looking at.

it almost sounds like an overboost condition.

MattACK

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing but has not thrown a code. It used to happen only when the engine wasn’t to temp and going up a slight incline at the top gear. Now it is happening in daily driving and towing. As soon as it happens I let out of the throttle completely and it (most of the time) will return to normal operation.

Truck is stock except for a mild tune.

Any resolution to your problem?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing but has not thrown a code. It used to happen only when the engine wasn’t to temp and going up a slight incline at the top gear. Now it is happening in daily driving and towing. As soon as it happens I let out of the throttle completely and it (most of the time) will return to normal operation.

Truck is stock except for a mild tune.

Any resolution to your problem?
OP and you both have a tune. That’s the variable here, return it to stock and re-evaluate.