Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Turbo and manifold issues

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Scarpp, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Scarpp

Scarpp Member

Hello everyone. I’ve been on this forum for awhile now, mainly researching. I have a 2018 magnetic and I recently brought my truck in for a rattle issue. The dealership told me it was my turbos that were the problem. My truck has been at the dealer for a week now. At first they said it was a two day job. Turned into a week plus now. Today I was told that they ordered two new manifolds as well. They said they had thread issues with the old ones and had to replace the new ones. Anyone have this issue before? I have searched for this issue on here but haven’t come up with much. Thank you.

2. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

Yes, there have been turbo issues reported before, not sure about manifold. @Bhollier identified one in a video posted by another user previously - a while back and probably buried in a cam phaser thread. Pretty rare, but has happened.

3. SilverBolt

SilverBolt Hired Gun

Turbo issues are not uncommon. The manifold issue is likely from the monkeys doing the work. They probably broke off some bolts.

Kuan, Jace21583 and Scarpp like this.
  4. Scarpp

Scarpp Member

I was thinking the guys at the dealer broke the bolts or stripped them also.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  5. 2018RubyRed

2018RubyRed Member

The bolts that hold the turbo to the manifold like to seize in from the factory. Sometimes heat helps, sometimes it doesn't. I've had a couple snap the bolt or pull the threads out. These have all been on gen1 Ecoboost motors, haven't done a turbo on a gen2 motor yet, but it's the same setup

Scarpp likes this.
  6. Scarpp

Scarpp Member

Well I traded it in for a 2020 magnetic 802 luxury. I really enjoy driving the truck but didn’t want to deal with the current issues. It’s been in the shop way to many times for being 1 1/2 years old. Hopefully the 2020’s are a little better.

SilverBolt likes this.
  7. Schmagagled

Schmagagled Member

I did the same. Traded my ‘18 with cam phaser issues for a ‘20.

S

Scarpp likes this.