Turbo and manifold issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scarpp

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’ve been on this forum for awhile now, mainly researching. I have a 2018 magnetic and I recently brought my truck in for a rattle issue. The dealership told me it was my turbos that were the problem. My truck has been at the dealer for a week now. At first they said it was a two day job. Turned into a week plus now. Today I was told that they ordered two new manifolds as well. They said they had thread issues with the old ones and had to replace the new ones. Anyone have this issue before? I have searched for this issue on here but haven’t come up with much. Thank you.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yes, there have been turbo issues reported before, not sure about manifold. @Bhollier identified one in a video posted by another user previously - a while back and probably buried in a cam phaser thread. Pretty rare, but has happened.

OP
OP
Scarpp

Scarpp

Reaction score
I was thinking the guys at the dealer broke the bolts or stripped them also.

Last edited:

2018RubyRed

Reaction score
The bolts that hold the turbo to the manifold like to seize in from the factory. Sometimes heat helps, sometimes it doesn't. I've had a couple snap the bolt or pull the threads out. These have all been on gen1 Ecoboost motors, haven't done a turbo on a gen2 motor yet, but it's the same setup

OP
OP
Scarpp

Scarpp

Reaction score
Well I traded it in for a 2020 magnetic 802 luxury. I really enjoy driving the truck but didn’t want to deal with the current issues. It’s been in the shop way to many times for being 1 1/2 years old. Hopefully the 2020’s are a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free