GEN 1 Tunes for Whipple Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Whipple supercharger kit to start building my 2013. However, the kit did not come with a tuner. I have been looking for the best way to get it tuned once the supercharger was installed and was looking for some input on what I should do for tunes. From what I've read, the best options appear to be either from Whipple or JDM. My question is would I be better off getting tunes and a tuner from Whipple or JDM?
I am new to tuning vehicles and appreciate the input

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Midwest_Reaper
I wish I could give you solid advice here.
I want to be fully transparent, because everyone knows I'm a Whipple fan boy. LOL
I am running the older Gen 2 compressor.
So what works for me might not work for the newer Gen 4 compressor.

As far as email Tunes go:

The Whipple Tune will give you the most power but there were some issues with surging a few years back
with the new Gen 4 compressor, and the Whipple 68mm TB
I haven't seen any new cases pop up on the forum the pass few years so the issue may have been resolved.
Give them a call to confirm.

The JDM Tune resolved the surging issue with the new Gen 4 compressor by detuning, at the cost of power.
The JDM Tune is about 40-50 HP and Torgue at the wheels lower than the Whipple Tune.
And JDM uses smaller injectors and a smaller 65mm Ford Racing TB.
They basically bring the power level down to a Roush setup.

Last edited: