Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Tune Question - Variable Octane

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Troutrad, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Troutrad

Troutrad Full Access Member

I’m looking into a tune for my ‘19 SCREW. I’m just learning about tunes, realize potential warranty issue but am still interested. I found a tune with variable octane setting which I like as I can’t get 93 where I live. The following is from the tune info on Gearhead Tunes:

“Perhaps the most important aspect included in Gearhead’s tuning is its retention of the factory “auto octane adjustment” feature present in the ECU. This feature allows the ECU to self-adjust according to the type of fuel being used (be it 87, 90 or 93 octane, etc.). But, not only does Gearhead keep this feature, they improve it. Gearhead augments the factory auto octane adjustment strategy in a way that allows considerably more power to be made as you step up your octane rating (without changing the tune)”

Anyone have experience with Gearhead Tunes?

https://www.ghtuning.com/product/17-19-raptor-3-5-ecoboost-sct-custom-performance-and-tow-tunes/

2. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

You may want to copy and paste your new thread in the right section on this forum.

Your in the Gen 1 5.4L section.

Booth9999 likes this.
  3. Silatj

Silatj Member

I had gear head tunes on my f250 they were good clean tunes he is well known in the diesel world. Gasers are new to me but I’m loving this truck. The only thing I miss is the power

4. Big_Thick

Big_Thick Member

You definitely need to look at getting goosed!

Goosetuned that is.

Do a search on @wgr73 and you'll find several happy customers and testimonials on FRF.

Winfield is a great guy, super easy to work with and really gets the most out of our trucks.

You owe it to yourself to check him out.