Tune Question - Variable Octane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking into a tune for my ‘19 SCREW. I’m just learning about tunes, realize potential warranty issue but am still interested. I found a tune with variable octane setting which I like as I can’t get 93 where I live. The following is from the tune info on Gearhead Tunes:

“Perhaps the most important aspect included in Gearhead’s tuning is its retention of the factory “auto octane adjustment” feature present in the ECU. This feature allows the ECU to self-adjust according to the type of fuel being used (be it 87, 90 or 93 octane, etc.). But, not only does Gearhead keep this feature, they improve it. Gearhead augments the factory auto octane adjustment strategy in a way that allows considerably more power to be made as you step up your octane rating (without changing the tune)”

Anyone have experience with Gearhead Tunes?

https://www.ghtuning.com/product/17-19-raptor-3-5-ecoboost-sct-custom-performance-and-tow-tunes/

Silatj

Reaction score
I had gear head tunes on my f250 they were good clean tunes he is well known in the diesel world. Gasers are new to me but I’m loving this truck. The only thing I miss is the power

Big_Thick

Reaction score
You definitely need to look at getting goosed!

Goosetuned that is.

Do a search on @wgr73 and you'll find several happy customers and testimonials on FRF.

Winfield is a great guy, super easy to work with and really gets the most out of our trucks.

You owe it to yourself to check him out.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You definitely need to look at getting goosed!

Goosetuned that is.

Do a search on @wgr73 and you'll find several happy customers and testimonials on FRF.

Winfield is a great guy, super easy to work with and really gets the most out of our trucks.

You owe it to yourself to check him out.

This.....

MikeLadd

Reaction score
Offroad Alliance Gear Head Tune or JDM Engineering. Both use the SCT X4 unit and they are the two best tunes out there.
Running the truck wide open for 8 seconds to create a tune is not what anyone needs or should be looking for. Wide open balls to the wall equipment breaks so the tunes aren't really practical. I can get a high horsepower and torque number if I know it won't be used. Real world use and numbers are what you are looking for. The best balance of response, torque, horsepower, stability and sustainability are what you want. Hauling ass from stop light to stop light with 23 pounds of boost is asinine. Check with JDM or ORA.