Tune out EVAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question.

I realize that most sponsors on it wont answer because of their scare of the federal government and emissions. I for a fact know that o2 sensors can be tuned out, but how about the entire EVAP system, to include purge valve, and solenoid.

Cheers.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
You can adjust the ECU for the CEL to remain OFF by selecting the related OBD Code toggle, but the fault will still prevent the related emissions monitor from going to the "READY" state for inspections. These limitations are to satisfy legal implications. Changing the O2 sensor operations are the same as well.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you.

The problem is that the vehicle goes into limp mode daily for 0443 446 and 2418. Not sure if just by eiminating EVAP will get me out of going into limp mode every day.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
The 2418 code says the solenoid circuit is open. My guess is a dirty or not-fully-latched connector. Chase that down and the problem will likely go away. An EVAP system fault can cause the tank vent to remain closed during operation and pull a vacuum on the tank cutting off the fuel to the engine...

Also be aware that a faulty fuel cap seal (leaking) can also cause evap system faults. It works on pressure differentials, so many things can result in a fault.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough. I will have to look at the schematics to see where all of the solenoids are and purge valves or anything else connectd to the EVAP system.

Tons of info on this for the gen1 but not a thing for the gen 2