Tune/Driving Mode Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clark98ut

Reaction score
How do the different tunes out there interact with the different driving modes? Is the tune just for the standard mode, is it for all modes? Curious how that works.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They should interact w/ the modes accordingly. The modes all dial in their mojo per usual just the tune amplifies the power, gets the turbos spooled sooner, & tightens the shift points etc

Same way traction & stability control & ABS will function as normal (although TC has a lot harder time reigning in the power lol)

I have a Gearhead tune & before when I was stock I pretty much exclusively drove in sport mode even when it was raining out & I needed 4A I’d put it back in sport etc. Now I just leave it in normal mode majority of the time b/c it feels perfect & a lot of that has to do w/ the boost coming on way sooner & especially from the way gearhead cleans up the shift strategy in the TCM.

When you switch into sport it still holds revs/gears longer, when you switch into Baja it still shifts hard as hell & when you switch into “weather” it still cuts the power & shifts like a wussy etc.

Think of the tune as a “layering” over all the modes.