Tune Detection - Ford Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good lord.

Ok, just crossing toes. I'm going to call ford now for an appointment.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just know......

there are no amount of "drive cycles" that will cover your tracks. The time stamp I described above is going to be hard coded into the CMOS. You can't get around it. They will know you messed with the program, they just wont know what you did.

But the simple fact you messed with it, could be enough to get you denied, if...as others said....they chose to be ***** about it.

Just making sure you were prepared, so you don't get caught in a lie.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just know......

there are no amount of "drive cycles" that will cover your tracks. The time stamp I described above is going to be hard coded into the CMOS. You can't get around it. They will know you messed with the program, they just wont know what you did.

But the simple fact you messed with it, could be enough to get you denied, if...as others said....they chose to be ***** about it.

would the excuse of you used ForScan or another OBD II reader to reset some Trouble codes be suffice not? Or is it a harder reset / time stamp event when removing a tune from the truck?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
would the excuse of you used ForScan or another OBD II reader to reset some Trouble codes be suffice not? Or is it a harder reset / time stamp event when removing a tune from the truck?

I honestly do not know the answer to that. Sorry.

Think of tweaking forescan as change parameters to the program. A tune replace the entire program.

But will be the 1st to admit I dont know for sure.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m definitely hoping that this thread grows... I drop the vehicle off on Monday evening

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the reason for “permanently disabling” the stop/start stupid system will fly, that’s the most annoying system to put on such a beast.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not know the answer to that. Sorry.

Think of tweaking forescan as change parameters to the program. A tune replace the entire program.

But will be the 1st to admit I dont know for sure.

it’s has been a while since I’ve done it, but I could swear when I last used forscan to reset a DtC I saw something on that screen that a line item stating “ # of ignition cycles” which was then reset to 0 ( along with a list of other things it was tracking) once it cleared and reset any of the DTCs. But agin, not 100% sure.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just know......

COULD you claim ignorance & say it must’ve been a glitch in the system... meaning “No, I didn’t do anything & I don’t know what you’re talking about”. Things glitch all the time on these trucks sooo... [emoji23] worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OR, I just bought the truck and how am I suppos to know if its tuned or not. I did not buy my truck from Ford anyways...

Plus I have an aftermarket warranty up to 75k anyways incase they want to act like a sack of shit. It is bumper to le' bumps.