GEN 2 Tune 2017 ford raptor - yes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FP tune and an ESP Ford warranty for 7yrs/150k miles. That's the path I'll be taking.

Offsetz33

Reaction score
FP tune and an ESP Ford warranty for 7yrs/150k miles. That's the path I'll be taking.

Agreed. It's one thing to pump up a 20k car that's basically a toy but I'm not prepared to risk it on a 70k daily that's still a bit unproven long term

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking with a friend from Ford P, i don't see this tune coming out any time soon. 5 Star worked well for me and I'm not doing any other mods. So warranty won't be an issue.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking with a friend from Ford P, i don't see this tune coming out any time soon. 5 Star worked well for me and I'm not doing any other mods. So warranty won't be an issue.

Well we got posters saying end of year you say no... how about you talk to your friend at fp and get some actual useful info besides this speculation with no real information.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So, you are saying that an aftermarket tune will in no way void a warranty claim once they do their forensics and discover there was a tune on there at some point?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you are saying that an aftermarket tune will in no way void a warranty claim once they do their forensics and discover there was a tune on there at some point?

What I am saying is 5 star in their existence has had 3 motor issues ever. I will take my chances with that number and ride out this vehicle with no issues until I buy another raptor a few years down the road. I understand the hesitation with folks worried about a warranty but IMO if you are doing basic bolts ons and a tune you are fine. I DD mine btw.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Well we got posters saying end of year you say no... how about you talk to your friend at fp and get some actual useful info besides this speculation with no real information.

I was going to ignore this but I will humor you.

I'm not going to anyone for anything. it's not speculation and the end of this year is still not close. Maybe they step it up and pull one out for the good guys but, I wouldn't hold my breath.

People at Raptor assault say a lot of shit.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

With access to the original engineers and ECU source code, Ford could tune this truck in an afternoon. There must be a reason they haven't released one yet.

Maybe it is as the Raptor Assault guys say and the rear end cannot handle any more power and be reliable enough to maintain the factory warranty.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I am saying is 5 star in their existence has had 3 motor issues ever. I will take my chances with that number and ride out this vehicle with no issues until I buy another raptor a few years down the road.

...it's not speculation and the end of this year is still not close. Maybe they step it up and pull one out for the good guys but, I wouldn't hold my breath.

That's 3 motor issues more than I want to hear about. ZERO motor issues is what I'd want to hear before I do what you did..."Take my chances until I buy another raptor a few years down the road."

You can tap dance and justify your decision and your taking chances all you want. I and others want a Ford tune that will be protected under the factory and Ford ESPs.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
With access to the original engineers and ECU source code, Ford could tune this truck in an afternoon. There must be a reason they haven't released one yet.

Maybe it is as the Raptor Assault guys say and the rear end cannot handle any more power and be reliable enough to maintain the factory warranty.

Maybe we are taking what the Raptor Assault staff are saying a little out of context. As I recall the commentary in my R/A, the supercharged trucks + locker + end user who likes big smokey burnouts = increased parts wear in the rear end and a higher rate of parts failures. 2017 got an extra spline IIRC, so not weaker and should be stronger but - Ford doesn’t QA the truck to be a toy that goes quick in the sand, it has to actually work as a truck first, so in addition to cool looking, mondo rooster tails of sand from beach and desert donuts (not dessert doughnuts), you have to actually be able to fill the bed full of stuff, and mall crawl in 110 degree heat down to -10 cold.

It may take a while but if they’re going to produce a tune, great.