Tuffy center console lockbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been looking around for safe inside the truck. I found several manufacturers that make kits that turn your center console into a more secure system. I chose the Tuffy one on Amazon company because of price and because it allows you to use the factory tray. The Ford one and another I found did not allow you to use the tray.

Install was kind of a pain in the ass but it basically unfolds inside of the center console then you bolt it up inside the console. It’s pretty strong and secure. Granted, it’s not a safe and if someone wants in, they will get in but gives a little piece of mind....

Sorry for the dark pics, I installed it at night when I got home from work and it’s actually been raining the last 4 days here in SoCal....

778C49AC0B12.jpeg.html]
05F17627-487B-4FDF-9492-778C49AC0B12.jpeg
[/URL]

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’s this safe holding up? Still happy with it? I’ve looked at all of them and am leaning toward this one because the tray still fits. I don’t need anything bombproof and know others are more secure but this should be enough to deter your average change thief.

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one and it's a good investment. It will withstand most smash and grab break-in's, which probably account for 99% of vehicle thefts. Mine came with a key lock and I found that system less than desirable. The keys are too large to carry around and the tumbler mechanism is stiff - even after I lubed it with graphite lock fluid. I've since changed to the combination lock and it's a big improvement. The combination lock can be ordered separately from Tuffy if needed. As has been said before, the tray is still usable and that's plus for me.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't pull the pics up at work. Is it tiny inside? The one I see on Amazon looks like a large wallet would take up most of the space. I'm looking for one that doesn't use up all of that giant console box?

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It maintains the size of the console up to the bottom of the tray. There is no loss of space in the console.