TSB 22-2428 10R60/10R80 Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been having the jerking from P to D and some harsh shifting. Resetting the adaptive tables helps but only for a little while. Was hoping this might have been a perm fix, but doesn’t sound like it.
Exactly the same issue my wife's Edge had. I even reset the adaptive learning with the same results.

We reflashed it four times over the course of 2 years, every time Ford had a new trans calibration avialable. It got better with each new calibration, and it's perfect now. They'll get it right eventually, but it'll take them a long time.

OP
OP
scpete24

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly the same issue my wife's Edge had. I even reset the adaptive learning with the same results.

We reflashed it four times over the course of 2 years, every time Ford had a new trans calibration avialable. It got better with each new calibration, and it's perfect now. They'll get it right eventually, but it'll take them a long time.
Glad to hear you had some luck with it! Did you do the relearn process fordtechone alluded to?

OP
OP
scpete24

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the adaptive tables are reset the drive cycle needs to be performed, otherwise it will not relearn properly. The Adaptive learning is only intended to be turned off for diagnostics, not indefinitely.

Here’s the procedure:

Any need to reset the PCM after clearing the tables or just follow the procedure you outlined and should be good to go?

OP
OP
scpete24

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This. It’s hilarious that one dude can solve these trans issues 99% but ford can’t.
I'm seriously debating going this route. I cleared the tables and followed the relearn procedure @FordTechOne provided and it's shifting great right now. Well see how long it lasts... Crazy to me a computer and trans tables can negatively effect the tranny so much and do the exact opposite of what it's designed to do.

OP
OP
scpete24

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know. I think Ford is not dealing with it cause it brings them in more money.
If that is in fact the case, thats ridiculous. Couldnt agree with you more the stock programming is subpar but I still love the truck!