TSB #2198 Raptor/Tremor Specific)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm the mpg never thought of that. getting more air. makes sense. I may have to order the bracket now. thx for the info.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
-correct
-I would still be concerned, picture below shows it best and those are with the pins not lifting up.. So for them to be lifting up there’s probably been some continual force.
View attachment 384824
-I would just leave it off as it doesn’t affect anything according to Cobb’s testing. It will be way easier to install the bracket without that shroud and will be an easy install when ever Cobb releases theirs.

On a side note my commute is 100% city. Ever since the Cobb bracket and dumping that old deflector/shroud my average MPG keeps climbing even with winter blend now. Doubt I would see anything on highway driving but interesting.
Thanks for posting but what the hell am I looking at here, an ultrasound? Lol Can you insert some arrows pointing towards the “problem child” object(s) in question?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting but what the hell am I looking at here, an ultrasound? Lol Can you insert some arrows pointing towards the “problem child” object(s) in question?
Lol might be easier to watch the video. They put a camera under the hood and shows how the intake collapses with throttle.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody asked Cobb about when the new shroud is going to be released? I was going to order the bracket for the intake. If it's not that long I might wait to get both at one time. That is if Fords Fix isn't good enough. This shroud looks pretty nice.

View attachment 384768
@COBB Tuning hook us up with this sweet shroud lol

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a mid 22 build. Didn’t the removal of the highlighted piece allow for more airflow to keep the intake scoop from collapsing? In addition the two piece push plugs.

Attachments

• 4A778B1F-5D0B-4164-8502-C2B079C0D9F6.png
    4A778B1F-5D0B-4164-8502-C2B079C0D9F6.png
    613.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: