TSB #2198 Raptor/Tremor Specific)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See attached TSB released today. After reading the TSB it reminded me of this little annoyance that i have. One christmas tree plug at the air inlet keeps getting pulled out. Sometimes it's loose and sometimes its gone. There isn't anything that specifically mentions this is the issue but the cause of this is the upper radiator air deflector fit and possible interference with the air cleaner inlet. The TSB seems to be a fix after the deflector blocks your intake and burns up your turbos. So i would check your intake shrouding and make sure its all tight. See a pic of where im reffering to. Again, This is just guessing and i may be the only one in the world with this issue but would rather have yall check vs not saying anything. I'm going to order some bigger christmas tree connectors and see if that will help.

1654625134563.png
FC8FD618-22BE-4611-AE8B-2062A8E975A7.jpeg

Attachments

• 22-2198.pdf
    129.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info, saw this today in OASIS broadcast messages. Definitely something to check, were you able to determine how tbe deflector is causing the airflow restriction and how to correct it? I know a couple of people on here experienced this issue, the dealers suspected the turbo was defective, but clearly this condition was root cause.

OP
OP
Antho

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info, saw this today in OASIS broadcast messages. Definitely something to check, were you able to determine how tbe deflector is causing the airflow restriction and how to correct it? I know a couple of people on here experienced this issue, the dealers suspected the turbo was defective, but clearly this condition was root cause.

I havent yet. I have also had the plastic slip over the christmas tree clip. So i'm going to get a larger clip to see if that will keep it form flipping up into the intake.

OP
OP
Antho

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One other thing that i noticed while looking is that the intake seems to be really restricted by the hood. I used some black chalk on the intake and can see where its contacting the hood. Looks like dang near half the intake is blocked by the hood...

3A46A24B-8A8F-45AE-AF24-63D8712F8EB0.jpeg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
All the comments say a cold air intake is a waste..Which I probably agree with, but would one of those solve this issue?

In the same manner as using an M1 Garand 30/06 to hunt squirrel when your .22 LR is perfectly capable of accomplishing the task. Sure, you will look more cool hunting with a Garand, but otherwise you’re not accomplishing anything different.

Unless you’re tuning the truck and cranking up the boost, the intake isn’t the choke point. So yeah, you could swap to an aftermarket intake for several hundred bucks. Or you could get this TSB done, save that money for something else you might want to get.

OP
OP
Antho

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove maybe 10 minutes and the dang thing pulled over the christmas tree fastner. I went ahead and tapped the 2 holes that the fastners go in and put 2 button head bolts I had in the garage through it with washers. Guess well see if that fixes it. If so, I'll go get some new bolts and some bigger washers that will fit within that recess.

529CC3E4-01E1-49EA-93DB-AEF82BA9C5C7.jpeg

LennyMoe

Reaction score
I drove maybe 10 minutes and the dang thing pulled over the christmas tree fastner. I went ahead and tapped the 2 holes that the fastners go in and put 2 button head bolts I had in the garage through it with washers. Guess well see if that fixes it. If so, I'll go get some new bolts and some bigger washers that will fit within that recess.

View attachment 357978
Solid work. Seems to me this is the way it should be done from the factory. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow when I pick it up from the dealer (hopefully with a new muffler instead of the response "the rattle is normal"). Did you just use some 1/4-20 fasteners?