TSB 13-6-8 Transmission

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Recalls | TSB's | SSM's' started by Deinonychus, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Stepside

Stepside Full Access Member

I took it in to the FORD Dealer and they reprogramed the PCM aka transmission shift points.
    The reprogram was for the recall only.
    I ask about replacing the molded lead frame & quoted the TSB 13-6-8
    Service guy said, We will do that if you have a code appear for the OSS.
    I said, But some times it happens and doesn't code.
    Service guy said, If it codes, then bring it in. We need to print out what we see.
    Then, we will replace molded lead frame and send the old one to FORD along with printout, so that we can get credit.
    Without a printout, we cannot replace under warranty.
    He said, You have a warranty on the molded lead frame for 10yrs or 150k miles, which ever occurs 1st.
    I finally saw the wrench appear today, so I believe it finally coded. Now, I need to make an appointment.
    I should know in another few days, depending when they schedule me in.
    I was happy to here of the warranty on that replacement.
    I am the original owner and I ordered & paid for the 2012 Raptor from that dealer in 2011.

BenBB likes this.
  2. Stepside

Stepside Full Access Member

Update on above:
    I made an appointment.
    Ford Dealer diagnosed the problem. Ford Dealer found a code for the OSS.
    Ford replaced the Lead Frame Connector, added trans oil & filter, new gaskets, :birgits_tiredcoffeeDone
    :patriot:

No charge:)

BenBB likes this.
  3. tpe187

tpe187 Full Access Member

Has anyone had a 2013 that Ford covered the Lead frame under warranty? My May 2013 SCREW with 34k displayed the wrench, lost the speedo, dashed lines and air bag light stayed on, but was fine on restart. Used a code reader and got no stored codes. I have an appointment next Thursday for the lead frame to be replaced at $500, but if its been covered for others I would rather not spend $500. Thanks.

Trick_Raptor likes this.
  4. Trick_Raptor

Trick_Raptor The Cracker Raptor Supporting Member

Yes I just had that issue with my Raptor back in August with 81k on it. It was under my Ford ESP plan and there was a $50 deductible. My dealership has been pretty good to me even with my modded Raptor. There should be no reason why it wouldn't be covered if you are still under warranty.

I don't know if $500 is too high or I got the wrong amount from my dealer... they said the repair would have been $300 for me if I didn't have the warranty.

5. tpe187

tpe187 Full Access Member

Yeah, should have said the TSB extended warranty as I don't have any kind of extended warranty. Part was $137, so I figure add in 4qts of trans fluid for about $200 in parts. Figure billable 2-3hrs labor so pretty close. I'll try to get a better deal when I go in on Thursday.

6. bwep

bwep Member

Well add mine to the list. My truck is starting out in 5th gear. Called dealership for appointment. They stated I was not covered. I said my truck is in the build date of the defective leadframe TSB. They stated if my vin# is not in the recall list it is not covered by Ford.
    So I give Ford customer service a call.. I explained to them my truck falls under the build dates. That they have a customer satisfaction program extends it to 10 years or 150,000 miles. I told the rep my truck has 55,000 and is 6 years old. I got sorry your Vin is not listed as one that is affected. I am responsible for the repair cost.
    Pretty sad they have the opportunity to help a customer out., probably less than a $200 and they blow the chance. End of rant .....