Tsb 12-11-1 - myford touch voice recognition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership called me this morning to see when I could bring my 2013 Raptor by to get an update for the My Ford Touch system aimed at stopping the screen from blanking? Mine hasn't had any glitches, but I was curious if others have received any information on this. They specifically referred to it as a recall on the phone.

Thanks for any response,

Carson

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what i know, its a new version for the nav/entertainment center my truck arrived on thursday, and i picked up yesterday, and it had the old sdcard. it wouldnt work. the sales lady got the new sd card and everything worked fine.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me once (2013) and one time where the screen was "frozen". Contacting the dealership on the subject. Will let you know what comes of it

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

from what i know, its a new version for the nav/entertainment center my truck arrived on thursday, and i picked up yesterday, and it had the old sdcard. it wouldnt work. the sales lady got the new sd card and everything worked fine.

Mine looked like it had a failure to boot. I had the white screen as when you remote start and once I inserted the key it stayed white/blank. I stopped the truck and restarted and it came back. On a separate day, I had the screen loaded on the home page but not a single function on the screen was available. I could operate through the console but not the touch screen. Again, one of those things that went away after I stopped the truck. That time I actually had a Synch update of some kind. Maybe it saw a problem and saw my home internet network (I did set it up) and hookup to their site to troubleshoot!?!?!

jjwpgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be very interested to see what you guys here back from your dealers. I've had a few issues with my nav/sync system since picking my truck up last weekend. Sadly my dealer is not cooperative.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer said they did get a TSB a few days ago concerning a software update. According to him it is a Service Dept visit. No clue exactly what it is!?!? but if we have a service tech that can look it up......

He then proceeded to tell me that China is paying 300% to get Raptors. Should we consider getting a container and sending a few. I would not mind putting a few dollars in my pocket (and ordering a new one)
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/12/ford-svt-raptor-commanding-300-of-us-msrp-on-chinas-gray-marke/

Last edited:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Dealer said they did get a TSB a few days ago concerning a software update. According to him it is a Service Dept visit. No clue exactly what it is!?!? but if we have a service tech that can look it up......
Can you get the TSB number?

He then proceeded to tell me that China is paying 300% to get Raptors. Should we consider getting a container and sending a few. I would not mind putting a few dollars in my pocket (and ordering a new one)
Ford SVT Raptor commanding 300% of US MSRP on China's gray market
I would really like for everything in the TSB / Recall section TO STAY ON TOPIC. Please :)

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer just called me and said there was a recall. I'm assuming its the software update. Ill know more when I get to work.

Wonder how they're going to fix that at the port?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer just called me and said there was a recall. I'm assuming its the software update. Ill know more when I get to work.

Wonder how they're going to fix that at the port?
its just a new sd card. they take out your old one, and replace it with a new one. 1minute later everything boots up fine