TSB 11-5-7 Driveline Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok. I haven't been on here in a long time. I have a 2012 SVT Raptor that has been suffering with the same creak/clunk/jerk on acceleration from a stop. Now i see alot of you have been having the same issue as discussed in this thread. I took my truck in yesterday to have the slip yoke greased as this was the suggested fix. Now bare in mind my baby has done 176k miles and still going strong. Interestingly enough, upon further inspection of the truck for general maintenance, they found the middle transmission case mount to be worn out or in his words DEAD lol. He also found that the slip yoke was still greased from nearly 2 years ago. He said its likely the middle transmission mount was causing the noise and binding problem. Anyways the long and the short of it is, he added a bit of grease to the yoke for good measure and replaced the transmission mount and voila!! All fixed. Now, some of you may have just the issue of the grease drying out in the yoke but my mechanic and i highly suggest you check the middle transmission case mount that sits on the crossbeam. That could definitely be causing a lot of the problem. I hope this helps some of you and id love to hear your feedback :)