TSB 11-5-7 Driveline Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Well getting back from raptoberfest and I now hear the dreaded clunk. At 10k miles

Brought it to the dealer, they looked at it and said they couldn't reproduce it, did nothing and gave me back my truck. Geez...

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped mine off at the dealership Wednesday. They checked it out, called the Ford hotline, and reported back to me that everything was in spec. Mentioned that the 6.2 is programmed differently than a 5.0 and that all the extra torque and hp is causing the noise. I asked for them to grease the yoke, in which they followed up by saying that it really didn't change anything.

As of this morning, I had requested for them to pull the rear-end apart and check the backlash. There has to be something causing this. The regional service engineer is supposedly looking for another 6.2 non-Raptor on a lot somewhere to test drive to compare them both.

Basically, I'm not very optimistic that they can fix it. Ford really needs to step it up and fix this widely-known issue.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got mine back from the dealership. They did not fix this issue. Taking it back on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For me it doesn't effect me much. I have the truck for the weekend. I got to beat up a rental and got better gas mileage for the week.. I'll get to do the same next week. As long as they fix it (which they should because I took the service manager out and was able to replicate the sound).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked my truck up yesterday afternoon. After checking the backlash, it was found to be well within 'normal' specification......actually, more toward the tight side. The service advisor stated they would just have to wait until the service engineer got back with them after driving another 6.2.

I told them to keep me informed and let me know when he would be in town so I could bring mine back in. Driving out of the lot, I noticed an immediate difference. The clunk was still there at times, but very quiet and barely noticeable to the feel. Apparently the greasing of the yoke helped more than they thought it would. I drove it about 200 mikes last night and was pretty pleased with it overall. Much much quieter.

I still believe that Ford needs to make a build change in the entire driveline from the tranny to the rear end. They are just way too sloppy, thus causing way to much annoying noise. I'm going to call the service advisor back on Monday just to thank him for the attention they put into this and getting it done in a reasonable amount of time. I feel they need to be praised when they do a good job, seeing that a lot of dealerships are pretty crappy.

I'm not giving up on getting this fixed permanently, but at least I'm not ready to shoot it every time I drive it.

NARDE

Reaction score
I have the clunk as well, it's awful! I did some research and found that ford knows it's an issue. They issued TSB 11B25.
After taking mine to the dealer today it was found that I have a defective driveshaft. Unfortunately the fix was only until June 2012. I called Ford to ask about it, but was basically told to bad so sad.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the clunk as well, it's awful! I did some research and found that ford knows it's an issue. They issued TSB 11B25.
After taking mine to the dealer today it was found that I have a defective driveshaft. Unfortunately the fix was only until June 2012. I called Ford to ask about it, but was basically told to bad so sad.

I just bought a used 2010 6.2L with 43k miles, i have until August 2015 on the drivetrain warranty. Does anyone think a local dealer will do the fix for me? My drive shaft is marked 9L34-4602-GD, so does this mean it's a "clunker"?

Can someone describe when the "clunk" will most often occur so i can pay more attention to it.?