TSB 11-5-7 Driveline Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '14 FX4 w/ 6.2L has the 'clunk' as well. Dealer performed a TSB a few months back (replaced oil slinger, etc) in rear-end. Clunk was still there on the way home from the dealership. I'm currently looking for a fix for mine as well. I don't believe that the '14's are fixed from the factory.

Nicedrms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don't know if what I'm experiencing is the same thing but this is what is happening. I have a 2014 super crew with 4200 miles on it, when I let off the gas at a slow speed ( like 5 mph) and the get back on it I feel and here a thunk, it's like there is slop in the drive line and I'm taking up the play when I give power. Then it also happens when letting off at that speed too. It's really loud and noticeable.

Is this the same thing you are all describing? Do I need to take my truck in?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My '14 FX4 w/ 6.2L has the 'clunk' as well...

...I have a 2014 super crew with 4200 miles on it, when I let off the gas at a slow speed ( like 5 mph) and the get back on it I feel and here a thunk, it's like there is slop in the drive line and I'm taking up the play when I give power...

Hi KYmxracer52 and Nicedrms,

PM me your information and I'll get this into the hands of your regional customer service managers. In your message, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me. :)

Crystal

D

Deleted member 12951

Well getting back from raptoberfest and I now hear the dreaded clunk. At 10k miles

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don't know if what I'm experiencing is the same thing but this is what is happening. I have a 2014 super crew with 4200 miles on it, when I let off the gas at a slow speed ( like 5 mph) and the get back on it I feel and here a thunk, it's like there is slop in the drive line and I'm taking up the play when I give power. Then it also happens when letting off at that speed too. It's really loud and noticeable.

That's exactly what I have. Started at around 3,000 miles and currently have 7,000. Hopefully dealer will get it straightened out this time.

Ciscokid

Reaction score
Low idle clunk

My 2014 does has the same annoying clunk..Any help would be appreciated.