TSB 11-10-25 - Automatic transmission 2-3 and 4-5 upshift harsh or flare - harsh or

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine needed this one, I suspect it is and will be a popular repair.

TSB 11-10-25

10/27/11

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 2-3 AND 4-5 UPSHIFT
HARSH OR FLARE - HARSH OR DELAYED REVERSE
ENGAGEMENT - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 11/3/2010

FORD:
2010 F-150

ISSUE
Some 2010 F-150 Raptor vehicles equipped with a 6.2L engine and built on or before 11/3/2010 may exhibit a 2-3 shift flare, 4-5 shift flare, harsh or delayed reverse engagement condition.

ACTION

Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Replace Main Control Assembly, refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01B.

2. Perform Solenoid Body Strategy Download, refer to WSM, Section 307-01B.

3. Perform Adaptive Drive Cycle, refer to Shift Point Road Test WSM, Section 307-01B.

NOTE PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS

Parts Block

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

111025A 2010 F-150 6.2L: Replace 2.7 Hrs.
The Main Control, Perform
The Solenoid Body
Strategy Download and
Adaptive Drive Cycle (Do
Not Use With Any Other
Labor Operations)

DEALER CODING
CONDITION
BASIC PART NO. CODE
7Z369 42

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

TSB 11-11-11

11/10/11

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION - 2-3 AND 4-5 UPSHIFT
HARSH - FLARE - HARSH OR DELAYED REVERSE
ENGAGEMENT - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 12/20/2010

FORD:
2011 Mustang, F-150

ISSUE
Some 2011 Mustang and F-150 vehicles built on or before 12/20/2010 may exhibit a 2-3 shift flare, 4-5 shift flare, harsh or delayed reverse engagement.

ACTION
Follow the service procedure to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Check the vehicle build date

a. If the vehicle build date is on or before 12/20/2010, proceed to Step 2.

b. If the vehicle build date is after 12/20/2010, do not continue with this article. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01 for normal diagnostics.

2. Replace the three (3) normally high solenoids. Line pressure control (LPC), C35R Direct Clutch (SSB) and the C456 Overdrive - Low Reverse (SSD) solenoids. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01B.

a. Clearly identify original solenoid band numbers and location port on the main control during solenoid removal to insure replacement solenoids are installed in proper location.

3. Install IDS scan tool and clear transmission keep alive memory.

4. Per[orm Adaptive Drive Cycle. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01.

NOTE PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS

Parts Block

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

111111A 2011 Mustang, F-150: 2.6 Hrs.
Replace Three Shift
Solenoids And Per[orm
Adaptive Drive Cycle (Do
Not Use With Any Other
Labor operations)

DEALER CODING
CONDITION
BASIC PART NO. CODE
7G383 42

Last edited by a moderator:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had this done and the clutches replaced at the same time (26K) due to mine were toasted. I have noticed that now when it downshifts from 4th to 3rd it slams it into gear without letting it slip a little or rev matching. Any ideas? I haven't taken it into the dealer yet but was see if there was a TSB for that?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dropped mine off yesterday due to this and what appeared to be slippage.

So does the words "Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB" mean this isn't covered under warranty?

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, yes, that's exactly what it means.

a TSB is like a supplement to a repair manual. it saves the tech time trying to diagnose the customers concern... like a cheat sheet.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off yesterday due to this and what appeared to be slippage.

So does the words "Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB" mean this isn't covered under warranty?

It means that if you have this done, it won't alter your warranty. Basically, your warranty will still be intact if this is performed. If you are outside of your warranty, it should be covered by Ford as well.