TSB 11-1-5 Canister Purge Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
I replaced mine myself. Like $35 and a few beers. Easy as pie. Clicking noise is gone and she idles a whole lot better. Stop wasting time and money with FORD and just order the part from ROCKAUTO.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just replaced mine today myself. Cost me roughly $40 online. I hope it fixes that knocking noise

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the purge valve goes bad will you notice a drop in gas mileage? I have the ticking noise but idle etc. seems fine. My driving habits are the same as best I can tell but my mileage seems to have dropped about a mile per gal. I have a '10 w/6.2, 36k milies.

Thanks,

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the purge valve goes bad will you notice a drop in gas mileage? I have the ticking noise but idle etc. seems fine. My driving habits are the same as best I can tell but my mileage seems to have dropped about a mile per gal. I have a '10 w/6.2, 36k milies.

Thanks,
I do not think that I noticed a drop in fuel economy. However, it may be because my CPV was faulty from the factory? I remember the loud ticking noise from the engine bay right off the dealer lot when I picked it up. I would notice the hard start after refueling once in a while, and just shrugged it off without any further thought.

When I took it in to be replaced at around 15,400 miles, I did not notice a difference in the ticking (still present after being replaced). Have not dealt with a hard start after refueling as of yet, but I do have a new knocking sound coming from the engine bay. Dealer calls it normal. Says it's the injectors. I've had this truck for almost a year and a half now with nearly 16.5k miles and never heard this noise before them replacing the CPV. I decided to replace myself today. I will let you know if my MPG's get better or not

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think that I noticed a drop in fuel economy. However, it may be because my CPV was faulty from the factory? I remember the loud ticking noise from the engine bay right off the dealer lot when I picked it up. I would notice the hard start after refueling once in a while, and just shrugged it off without any further thought.

When I took it in to be replaced at around 15,400 miles, I did not notice a difference in the ticking (still present after being replaced). Have not dealt with a hard start after refueling as of yet, but I do have a new knocking sound coming from the engine bay. Dealer calls it normal. Says it's the injectors. I've had this truck for almost a year and a half now with nearly 16.5k miles and never heard this noise before them replacing the CPV. I decided to replace myself today. I will let you know if my MPG's get better or not

Thanks I would appreciate the update. BTW did you order yours on line and if so from where. I assume they are not an Autozone item.. lol

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks I would appreciate the update. BTW did you order yours on line and if so from where. I assume they are not an Autozone item.. lol
Sure, give me about a week or 2 so I can actually see if the fuel economy has changed.

And yes I did order online. I bought mine from ebay, but soon saw amazon had the cheapest price by a couple bucks. There are 2 part numbers for this: CX-2369 or 9U5Z*9C915*BE. They both refer to the same exact part

Amazon.com: Motorcraft CX-2369 Fuel Injection Auxiliary Valve: Automotive

2009 2012 Ford Escape Hybrid New Canister Purge Valve Motorcraft CX 2369 | eBay

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i need mine replaced called my dealer and WTF its 89$ cdn plus tax LOL. And they only have them in ALBERTA AND NOT ONTARIO WOW!!!!!

gonna order it thru rock auto cause its the shit!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your video says private when I click on it.

Was gonna upload it again but can't find the original.

Btw the new canister purge valve did not fix my knocking sound. I don't know what to do. I'm for sure not taking it to the stealership again. If anybody nearby can come help me diagnose it that would be appreciated

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So no change in fuel economy after replacing. :( Been about 300 miles since replacing