TSB 11-1-5 Canister Purge Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy shit. So I just scheduled an appointment for tomorrow to get this done and the woman was about to not give me a loaner car. She told me that it'd only be covered if it was under warranty (this is after I tell her the year). So then I ask is a TSB not covered under warranty? She says no. I say well my truck is only a year old so doesn't warranty cover the TSB anyway? She asks me my mileage and I tell her only 15k on the clock. She says okay well I can put you in a loaner....

I'm already regretting not doing this myself...

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I knew it. I regret taking it in. After picking my vehicle up after a day, there is now a strange knocking noise coming from the engine bay. It also seems like they drained the washer fluid for some reason...

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stopped by the stealership today to check on the rattle/knock noise coming from the engine bay, which is very slightly audible from the cab; however, the tech that looked at it claims that he heard 'nothing'. Popped the hood and he says it sounds completely normal. He called another tech and asked what he heard and the other tech said it sounded like a '6.2'. They both claim the sound is normal.

Out of the 15,666.9 miles and 1 year 4 months and 11 days I have had this truck, I have never heard a noise like this one EVER. I have tried to take a video of the noise, but no luck as it is very slight and is overwhelmed by the ticking noise (had this sound since new), which the 2 techs claim are the injectors. The sound is intermittent, but I think it is somehow linked to the A/C because I only hear it when the A/C has been running for quite some time and it will stop after the A/C has been turned off for a while.

I remember there was a way to check for codes via the factory navigation. Can anybody instruct me how to do that?

Also, does anyone else have this noise? I know I cannot describe it well, but if you have any slight knock/rattle sound coming from the engine bay which is not the ticking/chattering noise please let me know, so I can see if it is 'normal' or not.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Nice. Does this ticking noise sound like a rod knocking?

Yes it does. Is that normal?

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

This noise is driving me ******* insane. I hear it now everywhere I go, even when I am not near the truck.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was reviewing my dashcam video of my trip to the dealer, and somehow my dashcam with awful audio quality was able to pick up the 'knock' noise. Try to listen past the staticy noise that the bad microphone is producing. You can hear the knocking/rattling. Please tell me if this is normal???

Ford Raptor Knocking Noise - YouTube :Grenade:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
all I hear is the door closing. Was your tank under a quarter? + your computer needs to learn it so give it a few miles.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
all I hear is the door closing. Was your tank under a quarter? + your computer needs to learn it so give it a few miles.

Hmm I'm not sure why the video is doing that... I had a full tank when I picked it up at the dealer. I drove it about 350 miles before filling up 28 gallons with 93.