Trying so hard to like the Gen 3 but.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't seen Ford's video when I made my comments. The front looks a lot better when you can see it more in motion. I still prefer G2, but I like the G3 more than I did. That said, the hood extractor is still terrible, especially compared with G2's.

OP
OP
BayRaptor925

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but are the headlights just a re-worked standard '21 F150 light with the outline amber instead of the bright white?

2021-ford-f-150-headlight-1601487528.jpg

2021-ford-f-150-raptor-grille.jpg

pchmotoho

Reaction score
I agree with original post. I’m not a fan of the new looks. Of course in 2 years I wouldn’t be surprised if I get over this and have the V8. I think the Gen 2 looks great. Yes the Gen 3 is an overall better truck but no way I’ll upgrade for the same amount of cylinders and a less attractive (IMHO) style.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but are the headlights just a re-worked standard '21 F150 light with the outline amber instead of the bright white?

View attachment 161718

View attachment 161723

‘21s have available LED Projector with active bending headlights. I know the Raptor has active bending as well. These cannot be your daddy’s old halogen or Xenon projectors.

It may appear these headlights are the same actual lights across the F-150 line. Base Trucks may get less I imagine.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything you mention is cosmetic. It's OK to not like those. Or to like them. Or to not care.
He mention cosmetics cause it’s a same f**** engine. If I’m gonna jump from Gen 2 to Gen 3 I want something faster and way different! I don’t want a same girl who f***s the same way as the old one

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then don't get it. Why so angry?

Variety is the spice of life brother LOL

Being the motor is the heart and soul of a performance vehicle, people want something new and improved in a way that’s meaningful. I can agree and also somewhat disagree on the Raptor as suspension/tires are a big part of this vehicle. Still for a Gen 2 guy, there isn’t a dire need or want to jump to Gen 3 yet. Maybe down the road.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Variety is the spice of life brother LOL

Being the motor is the heart and soul of a performance vehicle, people want something new and improved in a way that’s meaningful. I can agree and also somewhat disagree on the Raptor as suspension/tires are a big part of this vehicle. Still for a Gen 2 guy, there isn’t a dire need or want to jump to Gen 3 yet. Maybe down the road.

I don't disagree. I have my disappoints about it as well and can't see myself getting it first year. I just don't get all the emotion about it.