TRX vs Raptor Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ben hardy has a new you tube video saying he has reliable sources that the trx is going to an inline 6 turbo post hellcat engine run next year
Some type of stellantis euro motor being used elsewhere currently?

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be cool! Would love an inline six in a truck. I bet they will make a crazy Wrangler with it too.

Milovaughn

Reaction score
Yes seen this video too. We get caught up with specs, it’s natural. Everyones wants vary based on their environment. For example , I saw a you tube video by the pickup truck suv channel, she had the trx for one week in a nearby neighborhood of mine ( more dense everyday city driving than mine currently ) she averaged 4.5 per gallon which would drive me nuts. Point is , 700hp can be great or it can be a negative for what you do with the truck.
In saying the gas mileage of the trx, it doesn’t help it’s in 4x4 mode all the time. Having the 2018 Raptor myself, the 2 wheel, 4 auto or 4x4. I see the difference in gas mileage. Bout again I didn’t buy it for gas mileage. If all goes well, I’ll be in line for Raptor R. Wishing you all well from Ontario Canada. Recently from Fort McMurray Alberta.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought for sure before the end of the video, the TRX would have been faster.
I watched this video, (I usually can't tolerate the guy long enough to watch a video...) But like you guys when it comes to the raptor or the TRXI like to watch!

but...If you watched the video closely the guy that was riding with him acknowledged that Ben had let off the throttle in the TRX on the course, and that, in his view, the TRX could have taken "30 seconds" off its run...

I agree the raptor handles great and is awesome (except exhaust note) and would certainly do well and does do well, on the trail, but it's pretty darn clear to me that he wanted the Raptor to win... And you can see it in his driving, and even his friend acknowledged it... He even started to make the comment that he should maybe do another run with the TRX because of it...

Also, the TRX went 1st.. When I drive like that off road, my 1st lap is always a tad slower, which is natural...

even in an earlier video (same day im guessing), same trail, he even acknowledged that the tire pressure was different between the vehicles, lower on the Raptor, and that the raptor was in 4high, and the TRX was in auto... why not baja?

Again I'm just pointing out what I saw in the video, and both trucks are awesome vehicles, one just sounds much better...

But the raptor certainly is lighter which would help it be thrown around and fun off road... I just don't think his videos are always unbiased...

Enjoy your truck...while you can!

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I watched this video, (I usually can't tolerate the guy long enough to watch a video...) But like you guys when it comes to the raptor or the TRXI like to watch!

but...If you watched the video closely the guy that was riding with him acknowledged that Ben had let off the throttle in the TRX on the course, and that, in his view, the TRX could have taken "30 seconds" off its run...

I agree the raptor handles great and is awesome (except exhaust note) and would certainly do well and does do well, on the trail, but it's pretty darn clear to me that he wanted the Raptor to win... And you can see it in his driving, and even his friend acknowledged it... He even started to make the comment that he should maybe do another run with the TRX because of it...

Also, the TRX went 1st.. When I drive like that off road, my 1st lap is always a tad slower, which is natural...

even in an earlier video (same day im guessing), same trail, he even acknowledged that the tire pressure was different between the vehicles, lower on the Raptor, and that the raptor was in 4high, and the TRX was in auto... why not baja?

Again I'm just pointing out what I saw in the video, and both trucks are awesome vehicles, one just sounds much better...

But the raptor certainly is lighter which would help it be thrown around and fun off road... I just don't think his videos are always unbiased...

Enjoy your truck...while you can!
fake news. I ran with a TRX at Texplex my last outing and he was surprised at how much faster I could go in my stock Gen 2. There's one straightaway I'm certain he could have gotten to a higher speed, but the added front weight and inferior suspension meant he was slower everywhere else.

This should be a surprised to nobody that has actually done this kind of offroading before.