TRX throwing shade at the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're trolling. I never said it was used in a passenger car. I said it was a passenger car engine because that's what V6s are typically used for. There's really no point in arguing semantics anymore. Can we talk about performance now? That's the point of this thread, after all.

I'm trolling? LOL...nothing like projecting. The "point" of the thread is to discuss the Raptor and upcoming RAM TRX. Not to bash the performance of the Gen 2 Raptor...but here you are.

You said it's a "passenger car engine". Yet, it was never used in a passenger car. That makes you wrong. You didn't say that a V6 is "typically" a "passenger car engine", you said that THIS engine was a "passenger car engine".

Let me reiterate...you were proven WRONG. Again.

Here you go...

That motor is internally stock. You just can't argue with that kind of performance.

This is the fastest Ecoboost F-150 run I have ever seen...

Nobody cares about your Youtube videos. or what you "have seen" The world does not revolve around you, or around Youtube. You're trying to build an argument based on your own biased and limited exoperience, and you're only proving to everyone how much of a troll you really are.

You made a whole series of inaccurate, biased statements and you got called out for it because you were wrong. Get over it and stop trolling.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all you should read a little more carefully. I never said I had a Demon. I have a Redeye. Have you ever even driven one?? And I feel sure a L88 Vette is a pretty good muscle car.

I wouldn't say the Gen2 is "miles" ahead of the Gen1. I have had both. Have you? I like both trucks. Just like the V8 better.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. I have been on this forum for 9 years. And you have for 30 days. Not saying I am better or smarter but just maybe a little more "experienced".

Not sure what kind of vehicle you have but I am guessing a Gen2. Those owners are very touchy.

Good luck from a good old boy. Looks like you will need it.

I vowed to never ever buy a Gen2 due to the v6. I vowed I'd never buy a truck without a V8.
My Gen1 was a badass truck. Had the 37 on top perch, side exhaust. She was a badass truck rolling down the road.
Unfortunately she rusted out on the rockers. Had to dump it. After owning a Raptor, there was no way i could got to a Chevy or a dodge just to chase the V8. So against all my beliefs i went with a Gen2. And i can honestly say. I'd never ever go back to a gen1. I almost looked for a low mile 14' but I couldn't justify spending the money on 6 year old truck, not just for the v8.
Now, put a V8 in a Gen 2....I'd be torn . I really would. The v6 is so easy tunable for so much less money, its impressed me. The lack of the v8 sound doesn't bother me anymore.
The whole "v8 belongs in a truck" thought is just commando talk, its ego, it's being insecure about your manhood. I was so guilty of it.

No complaints about the gen2, I f'in love that truck, except for the seats, the gen 1 seats were better, cuz my mom said so...lol and I agree with her..

And looks. Hands down the Gen2, such a nice looking truck.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vowed to never ever buy a Gen2 due to the v6. I vowed I'd never buy a truck without a V8.
My Gen1 was a badass truck. Had the 37 on top perch, side exhaust. She was a badass truck rolling down the road.
Unfortunately she rusted out on the rockers. Had to dump it. After owning a Raptor, there was no way i could got to a Chevy or a dodge just to chase the V8. So against all my beliefs i went with a Gen2. And i can honestly say. I'd never ever go back to a gen1. I almost looked for a low mile 14' but I couldn't justify spending the money on 6 year old truck, not just for the v8.
Now, put a V8 in a Gen 2....I'd be torn . I really would. The v6 is so easy tunable for so much less money, its impressed me. The lack of the v8 sound doesn't bother me anymore.
The whole "v8 belongs in a truck" thought is just commando talk, its ego, it's being insecure about your manhood. I was so guilty of it.

No complaints about the gen2, I f'in love that truck, except for the seats, the gen 1 seats were better, cuz my mom said so...lol and I agree with her..

And looks. Hands down the Gen2, such a nice looking truck.
If you had a stroker with cams and a real turbo setup you’d smile every time you normally would cry. It’s amazing, otherwise I agree v6 VS 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no bias. I just like an engine with more low end torque and upper end power potential than the Ecoboost can provide. I said earlier an actual Ford GT engine in the Raptor to answer the TRX would be awesome (and would wipe the floor with the TRX). But that's not what Ford is selling in the Raptor.

Anyway, there is a reason why V6s are used so infrequently for performance applications. They're just not designed for it.
My post was referring to your last or second to last sentence. Hence my gtR post

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had a stroker with cams and a real turbo setup you’d smile every time you normally would cry. It’s amazing, otherwise I agree v6 VS 8

Ok, Stroker an Cams. How much does that cost?. Your average Raptor owner isnt doing that. Let's talk apples and apples.
I mean cmon..lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I said, there's no point arguing semantics anymore.

It's clear you are not here to discuss performance or anything else meaningful to the thread.

No semantics here; that is a cop out. Just you posting blatantly wrong information.

What you don't seem to understand is that nobody is bashing the 6.2 V8. It's a great engine. But all you seem to do is tear down the 3.5 Gen 2; clearly you feel threatened by the increase in performance and fuel economy. There is no need for that kind of bias and negativity on here.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, Stroker an Cams. How much does that cost?. Your average Raptor owner isnt doing that. Let's talk apples and apples.
I mean cmon..lol

Yea, and you're average Gen 1 Raptor owner isn't going to spend $10k on a supercharger setup. What is your point?

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, and you're average Gen 1 Raptor owner isn't going to spend $10k on a supercharger setup. What is your point?

My point is the v6 with a good tune is the best bang for the buck for the Average Raptor owner.

That would be the only reason to go with the V6

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne

Rule #1. Don’t feed the trolls
Rule #2. You can explain it to them, you just can understand or for them. Some people are just too stupid to argue with.

Very true.

I always have this hope that when someone finally realizes that you're not bashing their vehicle or personal preference - just stating the facts - they'll see the light. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case in many of these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.