TRX throwing shade at the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 60 degree layout is to fit transversely in front wheel drive passenger cars. It's an inherently imbalanced design.

Facts.

Wrong again. Facts are that a 60 degree V6 is more balanced than a 90 degree V6. That is the reason it's used. Not because it's designed to fit transversely. The Gen 2 3.5 is used in zero transverse applications. Don't let the facts get in the way of your biased, ridiculous posts.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V6_engine

"All V6 engines— regardless of the V-angle between the cylinder banks— are subject to a primary imbalance caused by each bank consisting of an inline-three engine, due to the odd number of cylinders in each bank. Straight-six engines and flat-six engines do not experience this imbalance. To reduce the vibrations caused by this imbalance, some V6 engines use counterweights on the crankshaft and/or a counter-rotating balance shaft."

"Due to their short length, V6 engines are often used as the larger engine option for vehicles which are otherwise produced with inline-four engines, especially in transverse engine vehicles. A downside for luxury cars is that V6 engines produce more vibrations than straight-six engines. Some sports cars use flat-six engines instead of V6 engines, due to their lower centre of gravity (which improves the handling)."

Not a good high performance engine. Was never intended to be and is hardly ever used that way (relatively speaking).

Citing Wikipedia I see. A sign that you're desperate for facts because you don't have any.

Yes, the V6 engine is not naturally balanced like an I6, V8, or V12. That has nothing to do with it being a "good high performance engine". That is your own biased opinion, nothing more.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once again...there IS NO passenger car version of a GEN 2. And no Gen 1 was ever used in a Raptor. So you're argument is null and void.
Very true and all new service long block assembles yes the Gen2 crank, so all 3.5l use same crank now if yours is old and maybe ford warranties you a new engine

Also to the other comment, 1000 can be made on factory crank but rod pins start stressing and cracking at 600 sustained HP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still a V6, so still not particularly well balanced.

At the end of the day it's just a souped up passenger car motor.

Once again...it was never used in any passenger car. You prove yourself to be more of a troll with each post.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no bias. I just like an engine with more low end torque and upper end power potential than the Ecoboost can provide. I said earlier an actual Ford GT engine in the Raptor to answer the TRX would be awesome (and would wipe the floor with the TRX). But that's not what Ford is selling in the Raptor.

Anyway, there is a reason why V6s are used so infrequently for performance applications. They're just not designed for it.
Not true. And it is 2020 1000hp and power everywhere is on the regular man. Not difficult and V6 engines actually are outstanding when boosted, they turbo well, a
and the GT engine is a set of the same rough semi finished cams, not very different same lifters rockers and heads. We have two builds.

They are expensive parts and many are a part number change but same exact part. We don’t expect any difference in power engine for engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no bias. I just like an engine with more low end torque and upper end power potential than the Ecoboost can provide. I said earlier an actual Ford GT engine in the Raptor to answer the TRX would be awesome (and would wipe the floor with the TRX). But that's not what Ford is selling in the Raptor.

Your posts prove otherwise. You can like the 6.2 better than the 3.5; that's your personal preference. But when you start posting misinformation and inaccurate statistics, you've crossed that line.

Anyway, there is a reason why V6s are used so infrequently for performance applications. They're just not designed for it.

Sure. Please, post the comprehensive study and empirical data you've compiled support back up that claim. We're all in for a good laugh.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a passenger car motor, though. That's what they have been primarily used for throughout their history.

You sound like a broken record...this engine was never used in a single passenger car. The fact that you think every 60 degree V6 is the same throughout history really proves how clueless you are. Give it a rest and stop trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.