True E85 Flex Fuel Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a flex fuel setup for E85 on their raptors? If yes, or if you know anything about it, can you point me in the right direction?

This will be used in a Livernois 6.6L with Whipple 2.9L.

I am not new to E85. I know that I'll need to upgrade my injectors and fuel pumps.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The PCM used for the 6.2L only supports inferred ethanol content based on O2 readings. This is disabled unless specifically enabled by a tuner. There is no capability to install a true flex fuel sensor using the factory PCM and I’m not sure what other changes would be recommended.

It would likely be safer and more straightforward to add methanol injection. Livernois has done such an install and Ryan Felish who posts on the FRF Facebook group has done so as well. What’s nice is that some of the more advanced **** injection kits support injection ramping by boost or fuel injector duty cycle.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Vash

I had an Alky brand Methanol injection kit on my hellcat before I switched it over to E85. I had it setup to ramp methanol spray based on boost pressure. Good setup. Only complaint was that the kit used the windshield washer tank reservoir. That reservoir held a little over a gallon. It sure didn’t take long to spray that gallon of methanol when enjoying spirited driving.

The HC platform uses the inferred ethanol content as well. Most tuners in that scene use the inferred ethanol to adjust tune based on ethanol content. A few of the tuners have figured out how to tie the ethanol content sensor back to pcm.

Livernois did say that someone (possibly Canadian) has a flex fuel kit that they sale. When I place my order at end of the week, I’ll get more details on that.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a flex fuel setup for E85 on their raptors? If yes, or if you know anything about it, can you point me in the right direction?

This will be used in a Livernois 6.6L with Whipple 2.9L.

I am not new to E85. I know that I'll need to upgrade my injectors and fuel pumps.

Thanks in advance.
I found the flex fuel option in forscan, it was disabled so I enabled it. I tried out 1/2 tank of E85 when I filled up to take a 120 mile drive to go to my property to camp. I was towing a 6'x10' cargo trailer loaded with camping supplies. I didn't really notice any difference in performance or hiccups wit h the engine.

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Vash

I had an Alky brand Methanol injection kit on my hellcat before I switched it over to E85. I had it setup to ramp methanol spray based on boost pressure. Good setup. Only complaint was that the kit used the windshield washer tank reservoir. That reservoir held a little over a gallon. It sure didn’t take long to spray that gallon of methanol when enjoying spirited driving.

The HC platform uses the inferred ethanol content as well. Most tuners in that scene use the inferred ethanol to adjust tune based on ethanol content. A few of the tuners have figured out how to tie the ethanol content sensor back to pcm.

Livernois did say that someone (possibly Canadian) has a flex fuel kit that they sale. When I place my order at end of the week, I’ll get more details on that.
Please post update after you order. I would like to know if you find a flex fuel kit.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. The ARH header addition to my order set back the E85 conversion. I figure at a minimum, upgrade the fuel pumps and go to a bigger injector, and tune tune tune. I really want to make sure that I have an ethanol sensor to adjust timing based on Ethanol content. I want to be able to run pump E85 and not have to worry about ethanol content.