True Cold Air Intake for Roush SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the Roush (K&N style) intake and built an intake box that draws cold air from inner fender or from the front valence?

I experience major changes in performance when ambient temps drop below 70F. I Cant imagine that drawing hot under hood air like the way the Roush setup is the only solution I have. I do run off-road so need good filtration, but there has to be a way to get colder/fresh air into this thing.

Bigger intercooler helps, but not like dense/cold air!

JDM Jim... have you played with anything?

97duc748

Reaction score
Canuk714, Did you end up changing the Roush (K&N style) intake? Did you notice a difference? I am picking up a stock gen 1 and was looking to go with the Roush or maybe the AFE but figured getting current user feedback would be a good first step. I will be doing some off-roading and do not want to lose filtration protection but I would also like to get some additional power and a re-usable filter. Also did you notice any power difference when you installed the Roush filter?

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original poster is talking about a Roush supercharger on a gen 1. On a stock gen non supercharged gen 1 I would recommend the S&B intake I really like mine. It keeps the stock lower air box replaces the upper part with a sealed one that draws air from the stock location and offers a removable lid as well. I have been monitoring my intake air temps and they are 1-2 degrees hotter than outside temp making it a true cold air intake.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The stock air box is sufficient for flow, once your moving the truck sees a ton of air flow in the engine bay so heat is not much of a factor. If you change the air kit it will require tuning and that would probably have to be done in person.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts