True 37 spare options on 35 truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VetteFish

Reaction score
Hi all, for those with 35 trucks who upgraded to true 37’s (nitto ridge grapplers, Toyo RT/MT) , were you able to squeeze it in the factory spare location like you can with a deflated KO2? I’m deciding on tires and would prefer to go with a true 37, but don’t want to give up my bed space for a spare.

TIA

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be able to. Spare tire area for the 35” trucks and 37” trucks are exactly the same. don’t believe the BS rumors of the 37” trucks having different frames.

Few threads on it with success

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be able to. Spare tire area for the 35” trucks and 37” trucks are exactly the same. don’t believe the BS rumors of the 37” trucks having different frames.

Few threads on it with success
Wonder if that is true about the shock difference as well....37's in Raptor reviews claim a 1" shaft rather than 7/8" (I think those were the numbers)

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2 biggest differences between the 35 and 37 packages are the rear axel sway bar that has a bend to make clearance. Also the tow bar/hitch reciever is also bent to make clearance. Keep it dirty offroad has an excellent video showing the differences between both.
Granted the truck he was looking at was preproduction but I believe it should be the same setup on production vehicles

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, for those with 35 trucks who upgraded to true 37’s (nitto ridge grapplers, Toyo RT/MT) , were you able to squeeze it in the factory spare location like you can with a deflated KO2? I’m deciding on tires and would prefer to go with a true 37, but don’t want to give up my bed space for a spare.

TIA
Never did it. Left it a 35. I will call a tire service if I have an issue.

ktrent

Reaction score
Can we verify a 37 BFG all terrain or a Falken all terrain will fit on a 35 truck.

badclam

Reaction score
So I own both and just went out and looked. There appears to be enough room in the rear at the hitch, but the sway bar on the 35 does not have enough clearance. if you put a 37" tire under my 2022 35", it would definitely be against the sway bar.

Attachments

• 20220917_105109[1].jpg
    20220917_105109[1].jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 52

badclam

Reaction score
Wonder if that is true about the shock difference as well....37's in Raptor reviews claim a 1" shaft rather than 7/8" (I think those were the numbers)
Just went out and checked. .875" vs 1.0 on shock shafts.