Truck Wont Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shorrax86

Reaction score
I attempted to uninstall my Cobb accessport last night, as it finished i waited the 15 seconds but before that was up the truck freaked out and sent all kinds of error messages up on the center screen including the wrench symbol and the truck will not start. I've got it on a battery charger and have updated the firmware in my accessport to the most current version. The brake pedal is very hard to push. I've attempted to re-install and uninstall the accessport with various tunes to no avail. I checked codes via the accessport and its not throwing any codes. I've searched around the internet, talked with goosetuned even though I don't have one of their tunes yet. and now I'm waiting on a reply from Cobb customer support. Just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas? or if they've experienced something similar? Should I just uninstall the accessport and get the truck to my dealer?

alphax

Reaction score
Is your truck communicating with your key fob? Have you tried manually putting it in neutral, then turn the truck off, then attempt to start it again.

There’s an insert where you put your key fob under the first cub holder. Remove the rubber piece and you’ll see it.

20leadfoot

Reaction score
Had the exact thing happen to mine about a month ago when i updated my Cobb AP . Installed on my truck and went to start it and nothing. Tried different things and still the truck wouldn't turn over. Uninstalled the tune back to stock and reinstalled the tune and still wouldn't start. Finally, after about a half hour I tried it, and it started right up.Never did figure out why it did that. Never seemed to run quite right after, so last week I just went ahead and had Winfield at Goosetuned set up my tune. What a difference, truck runs beautiful now. Highly recommend going with his custom tune.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most tuners can only read PCM DTCs. With the wrench light and other warning messages, there are DTCs in other modules. You’ll need ForScan, IDS, or a professional grade scan tool to retrieve the DTCs.

When doing module programming, a battery charger should always be connected. If the voltage dropped below threshold during programming, the PCM may have been damaged.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most tuners can only read PCM DTCs. With the wrench light and other warning messages, there are DTCs in other modules. You’ll need ForScan, IDS, or a professional grade scan tool to retrieve the DTCs.

When doing module programming, a battery charger should always be connected. If the voltage dropped below threshold during programming, the PCM may have been damaged.
That wouldn’t be good…

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, any update? The latest Cobb tune is shit. I successfully installed it but want to roll back to the previous version. All these issues people are experiencing is making me nervous