Truck won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have another thread to where I have had a power draw on my 14 Raptor (6.2L). The problem is the voltage regulator in the alternator. However, I have a whipple installed and the SC will need to be removed to get the alternator changed out. Ugh. I'm going to install a 500 amp relay on the alternator power cable to band aid it until I find someone willing to remove the SC to change the alternator.

I will have the relay in hand on Friday to install.

IN the meantime, I have been disconnecting the negative battery terminal in the evenings to keep the battery from drawing down. No issues doing that until this morning.

I put the negative terminal back on this morning to drive to work. All of the lights come on as they have been doing, but when I went to start it, the truck clicks like the battery is DEAD.

I tried jumping it, no change. I put it on a 10 amp charger for 4 hours. No change.

What COULD be causing it NOT to start? Any starting points?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
F27 will cause a crank no start, since the fuel pump isn’t getting power. It will not prevent the engine from cranking.

With the amount of times the battery has been discharged, it may be damaged. Batteries have a finite amount of times they can fully discharge and fully recharge without damage, sometimes as little as a couple full discharges can cause failure, especially if the battery is older. AGM batteries are more resistant to discharge cycles than traditional lead acid flooded batteries.

I would recommend having the battery tested at your local auto parts store to see if it’s failed.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Test the battery with a voltmeter. Should be around 12.8 volts after charging. 13 something while charging.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F27 will cause a crank no start, since the fuel pump isn’t getting power. It will not prevent the engine from cranking.

With the amount of times the battery has been discharged, it may be damaged. Batteries have a finite amount of times they can fully discharge and fully recharge without damage, sometimes as little as a couple full discharges can cause failure, especially if the battery is older. AGM batteries are more resistant to discharge cycles than traditional lead acid flooded batteries.

I would recommend having the battery tested at your local auto parts store to see if it’s failed.
duh.... missed the part where it was no crank. thats why we need you around. to catch crap we miss

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would check the connection down by the starter.
At least remove the big cable and clean it up, even if it looks good.
There are quite a few threads about corrosion down there.
Check the bolts that hold the starter.
There have been posts about the bolts coming loose.