Truck won't set emission monitors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 6.2 that can't pass smog as my Catalyst, OXY and OXY heat sensors are unset. Had a code for a dirty mass air sensor but never got to a check engine light. Cleaned the MAS and cleared the code have driven the truck for two days over 100 miles and the those three sensors won't reset. I know the Cat takes a while but if I can get the other two set I could get my registration.

I bought the truck used from a private party, I have a receipt showing Outlaw off road did a 5 star tune back in 2012 no idea what tune. I don't think that is the issue as the truck has been registered yearly since then.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The heated 02 sensor is a real tough one to set. Google the procedure, it's pretty weird.
Stick to the very specific speeds and resting times and it should reset.
It';s an older truck so you may want to think about getting new sensors, they're not expensive. That won't automatically set the sensor for you but it may be somewhat easier.

OP
OP
Buzzard2

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flashed the computer back to stock, removed the cold air intake cover drove about 80 highway miles and she was good to go. All sensors in the Ready setting.

OP
OP
Buzzard2

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flashed the computer back to stock, removed the cold air intake cover drove about 80 highway miles and she was good to go. All sensors in the Ready setting.