Truck stalled then wouldn't start for 3 minutes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was backing out of my drive way tonight and my truck just stalled. I put it in park and tried to start it. Nothing! Just the starter going like mad trying to turn over the motor. Sounded like trying to fire up a quad or motorcycle after it's been sitting. It did it about 3 times. Finally I pull my cell phone out to record to show my dealer, I have 4600 miles on it. Then it starts right up! My luck, right when the camera is rolling.

I couldn't get it to duplicate it again after that. I had driven it all morning today too. The starter would try to start the truck for about 10 seconds then stop..

Anyone else run into that? Bad gas or pump

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
any chance you had relatively low fuel in the fuel tank? There are numerous reports of the F150, low on fuel and parked on a hill and starves the fuel pickup, and won’t start. I’ve not experienced it and I’m happy to not try and experience it.

Not sure beyond that.

bgs73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact thing happen to mine, low on fuel. Rolled it to a level spot and fired right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk