Truck Shifts from 1st gear to 5th gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
strafe

strafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh god do I wish that was the case. Hard shifting from 1st to 5th is not good for any vehicle let alone one with as much hidden power as ours. I am also pleasantly surprised that the tune went unnoticed :fuckyea:

OP
OP
strafe

strafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So more information on the issue "TRANSMISSION STARTING IN HIGH GEAR, WRENCH LIGHT ILLUMINATED. IDS TESTS, P0722 STORED IN MEMORY. CHECKED OASIS, FOUND TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 13-2-3 TO REPLACE VALVE BODY MOLDED LEAD FRAME TO RESOLVE CONCERN. PARTS ARE ON ORDER. " So not an uncommon problem. Still very worrying.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What the hell is "VALVE BODY MOLDED LEAD FRAME"?

So more information on the issue "TRANSMISSION STARTING IN HIGH GEAR, WRENCH LIGHT ILLUMINATED. IDS TESTS, P0722 STORED IN MEMORY. CHECKED OASIS, FOUND TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 13-2-3 TO REPLACE VALVE BODY MOLDED LEAD FRAME TO RESOLVE CONCERN. PARTS ARE ON ORDER. " So not an uncommon problem. Still very worrying.

OP
OP
strafe

strafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow so finally got the whole story and thank god for a great dealership honoring much more than needed on my warranty. here is the issues covered. "TSB 13-2-3 to replace valve body molded lead frame with this dtc stored to resolve concern. removed transmission fluid pan, during removal found pan gasket seal split in areas and missing pieces. Removed main control valve body assembly and disassembled to replace molded lead frame. reassembled transmission installing new pan gasket. filled transmission with new fluid, cleared trouble codes. test drove, vehicle is operating normally, repair complete." I spoke to the manager after finding out they went this far and he told me of his appreciation of Raptor owners as he is also one and will always support raptor play. I think I have a running mate for life.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive got a very similar issues, as posted, mine shifts from 1-5 but hits all the gears inbetween, just does it quickly and at 30 mph its in 5th wanting to shift into 6th, up hill too.

However i dont have any codes being thrown, at least not enough to trip the light.

DirtyWill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been doing this for a few months now. I've taken it in 3 times now and they have not been able to duplicate it. I have not been able to make it do it. It's just random.

But it hasn't thrown any codes or the "wrench". So I'm not sure if they will do anything.

Seeing this now will have me bring mine back in and get this fixed. Thanks.

Last edited:

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past Saturday and with 41,600 miles, my 2011 Raptor developed a transmission issue similar to yours. Driving/cruising at 50 mph suddenly the speedometer drops to 30mph and the transmission shifts from 6th to 3rd and erratically tries to shift back to 5th gear while displaying the wrench icon. Drove it back to my dealer, the tech connected his scanner and found an issue with the output shaft speed sensor. Part was ordered and now waiting for truck to be repaired. Good thing I purchased the Ford ESP Premium warranty package for 7 years/125,000 miles with a $100 deductible!!

2011 Ford F150 Raptor SVT Molten Orange - Roush CAI & Exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk