GEN 2 Truck outlets don’t stay on anymore?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

as115

Reaction score
I have a 2018 802a, used to be able to sit in my truck on my breaks at work and charge my phone for a good hour with the truck off. Now after I get in truck it does not allow any outlets to stay on more than 2 min after truck turns off. Was there a software update or something that caused this? Same thing has happened with my coworkers Raptor. Same year and everything. Any answers or resolutions to this issue is greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
as115

as115

Reaction score
Also took the truck in to the dealership. I had them check my battery because I assumed it was a battery issue, they told me battery was fine. Also they didn’t really have an answer for me other than disconnect the battery for a little while and connect it to see if it resolves the issue but this did not work.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I have never seen it work on any of my trucks for an hour. Usually it's only while the power is still active and I haven't opened a door. Seems to stay on for 15 minutes or so. Then it shuts off removing power from my devices. I would think this is a battery conservation. Perhaps you were benefitting from a glitch that eventually sorted it out to the designed behavior with a software update.

OP
OP
as115

as115

Reaction score
So can’t fix it in Forescan,Power point timeout is still active, and set at 4500 second timeout. I’m thinking it has to do with the battery management system. None of my outlets give me power when I stay in the truck with it turned off. Hopefully the dealership can shed some more light on the situation. I’m still covered under warranty so I’m not worried too much.
You can adjust that via forscan.

OP
OP
as115

as115

Reaction score
I have never seen it work on any of my trucks for an hour. Usually it's only while the power is still active and I haven't opened a door. Seems to stay on for 15 minutes or so. Then it shuts off removing power from my devices. I would think this is a battery conservation. Perhaps you were benefitting from a glitch that eventually sorted it out to the designed behavior with a software update.
It’s supposed to work for 75 minutes after the truck powers down. Hooked forescan up and everything is what it’s supposed to be set at. It is possible there was a software update that botched it but I don’t know. Next time I’m at the dealership I will see if I can get the Battary Management System rebooted to see if it fixes it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s supposed to work for 75 minutes after the truck powers down. Hooked forescan up and everything is what it’s supposed to be set at. It is possible there was a software update that botched it but I don’t know. Next time I’m at the dealership I will see if I can get the Battary Management System rebooted to see if it fixes it.
Are you referring to the 12V auxiliary power points or the 110V inverter plugs? Per the owners manual, 12V power points can remain on for up to 75 minutes after the ignition has been turned off. However, if the BCM sees the battery state of charge drop below threshold, it will disable the power points so you don’t end up stranded with a discharged battery. Sounds like that it what you have going on, which is normal.

OP
OP
as115

as115

Reaction score
Are you referring to the 12V auxiliary power points or the 110V inverter plugs? Per the owners manual, 12V power points can remain on for up to 75 minutes after the ignition has been turned off. However, if the BCM sees the battery state of charge drop below threshold, it will disable the power points so you don’t end up stranded with a discharged battery. Sounds like that it what you have going on, which is normal.
Your right brotha man! So took the truck back to Ford…told me they tested the battery and reset the BCM. I ended up telling my father in-law what was going on and he took my truck to O’Reillys and they tested it and found the battery was only holding 70% charge. This triggering my BCM to shut down my outlets early. Took my truck in the next day to Ford and told them what happened. They ended up swapping the battery and all is good now.