GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the forum, just placed an order Jan 12, current dealer has allocations so I'm playing the waiting game too. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add the Carbon Fiber or the forge wheels. Pretty disappointed but I'd rather have the truck asap then wait for those items. Dealer told me about 2-4 weeks before they pick up the order and then roughly 4-8wks for the build to arrive. Was wondering if that's pretty accurate?

Sounds like your dealer might have a February allocation for you. February allocation will get you a March build and April delivery.

R-Raptor

Reaction score
Sounds like your dealer might have a February allocation for you. February allocation will get you a March build and April delivery.

I'm guessing so. There was also another guy who had just left and he had place his order too. we had the identical builds except his was Magnetic grey and I chose Ruby Red.

uecker17

Reaction score
I have an order # and VIN. Chatted w/ the Ford factory. Said build date of Feb. 6. Placed my "deposit" on 2016.9.3. Patience is a virtue.

Any idea on the timeline from build date til she's in my hands? (The truck I mean). Would like to get it before the snow melts. Thanks!

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an order # and VIN. Chatted w/ the Ford factory. Said build date of Feb. 6. Placed my "deposit" on 2016.9.3. Patience is a virtue.

Any idea on the timeline from build date til she's in my hands? (The truck I mean). Would like to get it before the snow melts. Thanks!

Ford Performance gave me a build date of Feb 3rd and a delivery date of Feb 17th. So your spacing should be fairly close in same time frame.

WAR38

Reaction score
Newbie here, been watching and reading for months, ordered a screw, 802A, interior accent, forged, technology, tailgate app, bedliner on 9/23 at MSRP. I was told yesterday maybe June or July delivery, Really? Originally was going to order from local dealer (where I had spent around 250K on company vehicles in the prior year) but they were 5K over, I won't do it. So on this Forum I saw a post of a dealer in MI that was at MSRP so I ordered and here I am with uncertainty. Ford Service sees my order but when I check every couple weeks I get "nothing this week" Does this sound right? Are there any dealers out there with allocations at MSRP

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order was changed/entered around 12-23...with beadlocks and cf. Build date 2/20. There must be a shortage, not an outage. Sigh... Eventually we will get our trucks :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, been watching and reading for months, ordered a screw, 802A, interior accent, forged, technology, tailgate app, bedliner on 9/23 at MSRP. I was told yesterday maybe June or July delivery, Really? Originally was going to order from local dealer (where I had spent around 250K on company vehicles in the prior year) but they were 5K over, I won't do it. So on this Forum I saw a post of a dealer in MI that was at MSRP so I ordered and here I am with uncertainty. Ford Service sees my order but when I check every couple weeks I get "nothing this week" Does this sound right? Are there any dealers out there with allocations at MSRP

I ordered 9/23 and got my truck this month.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ordered 09/13 and don't have a VIN and build date yet either. I keep getting told that mine is the "next order to be pulled" but it's taking far longer than I ever imagined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dealer is taking people who paid more before you, ask Ford for your priority status