GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have is a dealer option selected pre-dora print out (DOSPD). I sure hope these people don't place the order with Ford before contacting me - like I discussed with them. I need to see more details of the orange trim, in particular the carbon fiber or honeycombs of orange accents before I decide to go with or nix. Everything else I'm good with for certain.
It's been crickets since I placed the "selections" with them.

waldoaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Avalanche Grey Super Crew 802A ordered! $64,***.. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Can't freaking wait!

That is about the same as me also in avalanche. congrats

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are likely fine, especially if you have the pockets to purchase one. This will be the 3rd Ford from this dealer for me, so I feel fine where I'm at currently. Congratulations on the order.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the dealer hasn't given me any reason to think they are giving me a line of crap. In reality they have been really good and so far i'm very happy I went with them. Yes, these trucks are pretty pricey but i was looking at a lifted platinum edition a few months ago and they were wanting $70K and i'd rather have this not to mention its actually slightly cheaper so I'm glad I held off!

DLaw0522

Reaction score
This is the email I finally got from the sales manager after inquiring about the DORA for my order placed over 2 weeks ago. All they have given me is an order code m728. I was the first at this dealer. Any opinions on the response and how I should proceed? Thanks in advance...

Mr. ------,

Sean forwarded your email to pertaining to you request for a “DORA” I have just spoken to our Ford area rep. She indicated that until the order is set up for a build date and assigned a serial number,what Sean gave you is as of this time considered your “Dora”
As Sean may have told you the earliest date for a build of all the Raptors will be the first quarter of next year. You were smart to get your order in early ,because once they plan to build “sold units” the oldest orders will be pulled for build.
Ford will require we send them a copy of your order to verify the legitimacy of it,which we have.
We trust this will give you clarity of the process and timeline.

Thank you,

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup.
Translation= Your shit is sitting collecting dust along with everyone else's order. This doesn't mean there won't be any delivered before next year, that's ********. Production will start at the normal time that Ford has on their schedule. They just aren't gonna tell us:crazy: yet

Last edited:

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the email I finally got from the sales manager after inquiring about the DORA for my order placed over 2 weeks ago. All they have given me is an order code m728. I was the first at this dealer. Any opinions on the response and how I should proceed? Thanks in advance...

Mr. ------,

Sean forwarded your email to pertaining to you request for a “DORA” I have just spoken to our Ford area rep. She indicated that until the order is set up for a build date and assigned a serial number,what Sean gave you is as of this time considered your “Dora”
As Sean may have told you the earliest date for a build of all the Raptors will be the first quarter of next year. You were smart to get your order in early ,because once they plan to build “sold units” the oldest orders will be pulled for build.
Ford will require we send them a copy of your order to verify the legitimacy of it,which we have.
We trust this will give you clarity of the process and timeline.

Thank you,

So they said the earliest raptors would be delivered is next year....ya I don't think you dealer knows wtf he's talking about.

DLaw0522

Reaction score
Yea I figured as much but should I be pressing for more on a DORA or trust they did all they were suppose to?