GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer said it was delivered yesterday. I am an out of state buyer so a road trip is in order. It said awaiting shipment still this morning and this afternoon it said the magic word Delivered

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arrgh...

Placed my order Sept 5. On Oct 24th I was showing "Scheduled to Day (Nov-07-2018)" - I just checked in on how it went and now I'm "Scheduled to week (Week of Dec-31-2018)"

Pretty much a 2 month bump!

More bad news - I just saw the pictures posted of Performance Blue and Velocity Blue here. I definitely prefer Velocity over the Performance I ordered. So I contacted my dealer and asked if I could change and he says that once the VIN is issued - you're stuck with the color. Is that right? With 6 weeks before a build date, surely it must be possible to get a change? In my defense - neither me - nor my dealer had any idea what the blues looked like back in September when we were ordering. If I have to live with Performance Blue - I can - it does look pretty good - but I do like Velocity more and when I'm plunking down $70K+ for a truck, I'd like to get what I like.

OP
OP
E

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More bad news - I just saw the pictures posted of Performance Blue and Velocity Blue here. I definitely prefer Velocity over the Performance I ordered. So I contacted my dealer and asked if I could change and he says that once the VIN is issued - you're stuck with the color. Is that right? With 6 weeks before a build date, surely it must be possible to get a change? In my defense - neither me - nor my dealer had any idea what the blues looked like back in September when we were ordering. If I have to live with Performance Blue - I can - it does look pretty good - but I do like Velocity more and when I'm plunking down $70K+ for a truck, I'd like to get what I like.
I know it’s difficult once a VIN is assigned to make changes but I know that people have been able to add/remove Options like adding BLs to a VIN assigned order (cause when I ordered my 17 my dealer said he can call and get them added after the VIN, but I said no in fear of even more delays after a 7 month wait). Color tho I am not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NOT true. I helped a forum member make changes to an order that received a VIN and my dealer made multiple changes.

I was told it depends how far along the order is but regardless, you can submit the change and Ford could reject the change.

Tell your dealer to submit the change. Was case scenario is that they say no.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call Ford Performance and talk to them. I believe I changed my bead lock wheels and my vin had already been issued.Not 100% sure but I will check with my dealer.Get what you want

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call Ford Performance and talk to them. I believe I changed my bead lock wheels and my vin had already been issued.Not 100% sure but I will check with my dealer.Get what you want
Ford Performance doesn't seem to talk with Canadians (I already tried them earlier looking for status info) - they referred me to my dealer, but thanks.

Thanks to everyone - I've gone back to my salesman and he says they are going to send the request to Ford. Fingers crossed.