GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig N

Reaction score
It is interesting to see others experience with ordering these. Mine was rather pleasant. Ordered 11-2-17 Built 1-8-18 Delivered 1-17-18 Truck is gorgeous!

CWeston

Reaction score
So my truck is in the factory being built as we speak, but I can't pull it up on http://cotusb.ford.com/ using my VIN or my dealer and order number. I just called ford technical department and they said they can't figure out what is wrong, but it is being built currently. I'm kinda pissed cause I would like to see the build come along, it was one of those selling points. Of course don't get me wrong, I am danm grateful I'm finally gonna get my truck in a month, but still. Anyone else having this problem?

Unfortunately, you are not able to track the Ford Raptor using the Ford Cotus tool, the only way to check the status of your vehicle is thru your dealer or using Ford Performance Chat, it has been discussed under the Sticky: Tracking your New Order – Step by Step / FAQs.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are not able to track the Ford Raptor using the Ford Cotus tool, the only way to check the status of your vehicle is thru your dealer or using Ford Performance Chat, it has been discussed under the Sticky: Tracking your New Order – Step by Step / FAQs.

I too am not able to track the vehicle via the Cotus Tool that was listed in the original post of the sticky you're referring to. The Ford Performance Chat confirmed that the Cotus tool doesn't function. I believe this tool should be removed from that post.

Driver

Reaction score
It is interesting to see others experience with ordering these. Mine was rather pleasant. Ordered 11-2-17 Built 1-8-18 Delivered 1-17-18 Truck is gorgeous!
The variance is due to people ordering without allocations vs with. Nothing matters until you get a VIN. My order is in the Ford system but no VIN until the dealer gets his allocation so it can be confirmed by Ford.

I wrote my order to expire if no VIN can be produced by March.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

barry

Reaction score

I just headed over there. Thanks for the head up.

The messed up thing is that if they know it doesn't work and hasn't for a while, why do Dealers use that as part of their sell when getting a buyer is ordering a custom? Seriously, it's like burning the bridge right then and there, you just don't know it until you get to here.

Well at least I'll get my truck next month. I'll post pics of her when I get her. I'm gonna be hugging it for at least 10 minutes when I first see it. Then I'm gonna smell that hell out of that new truck smell. Damn I can't wait.

thepro8

Reaction score

Delivered in 9 days. thats super fast! Do you know when your window sticker became available?

CWeston

Reaction score
I just headed over there. Thanks for the head up.

The messed up thing is that if they know it doesn't work and hasn't for a while, why do Dealers use that as part of their sell when getting a buyer is ordering a custom? Seriously, it's like burning the bridge right then and there, you just don't know it until you get to here.

Well at least I'll get my truck next month. I'll post pics of her when I get her. I'm gonna be hugging it for at least 10 minutes when I first see it. Then I'm gonna smell that hell out of that new truck smell. Damn I can't wait.

It does suck, I wish Ford would have a better way to track your vehicle like the major postal carriers instead of bothering someone at Ford Performance or my sales person. Thanks to this forum, it helped me in finding out about Ford Performance Chat to get status on my order. It was an experience once I received mine, I stood there for awhile in awe and disbelief that my truck had finally arrived and sitting in the showroom.

Last edited:

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the West coast have a delivery time after build date? Build week feb 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro