GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Spot on Kuan!! Makes sense to me. Would love to order a 2021 but who knows when that will happen. The Hellcat TRX will pull some numbers away from Ford. It's a numbers game, but frustrating to us Raptor loyalists. ;)
You listen to a guy that says the new Raptor mule has independent rear suspension?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spot on Kuan!! Makes sense to me. Would love to order a 2021 but who knows when that will happen. The Hellcat TRX will pull some numbers away from Ford. It's a numbers game, but frustrating to us Raptor loyalists. ;)
When kuan post, logs out, logs in with another account, responds to their own post = lulz

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually gotten a confirmation order number? Or just the price with the F4 to continue and ** this is not an invoice**?

Even if you place an order.... It will be the dealer's discretion to sell it to you. You will end up having to renegotiate all over again.

I have had this happen. I order my vehicle. Exactly optioned the way I want it. It arrives. I go in to do the paperwork and pick it up. Then the sales manager tells me that he did a nationwide search and there are no others optioned this way or on this color. So it is special! It deserves the markup over MSRP.
BS.

Get ready to grab your ankles.

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if you place an order.... It will be the dealer's discretion to sell it to you. You will end up having to renegotiate all over again.

I have had this happen. I order my vehicle. Exactly optioned the way I want it. It arrives. I go in to do the paperwork and pick it up. Then the sales manager tells me that he did a nationwide search and there are no others optioned this way or on this color. So it is special! It deserves the markup over MSRP.
BS.

Get ready to grab your ankles.

I had a dealership try to put a 5k markup on someone elses truck order that they backed out of. It was an 800A as well. So, they wanted an extra 5k for some other guys boring build. I'll never pay a markup on these trucks (or anything else for that matter). The truck is great but its not 5k+ over sticker great.

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
The Life and Times of a Raptor Order....Part Deux

7/18/16 - Contacted Dealer and got on List holding spot for PreOrder #1
7/22/16 - Placed order with Dealer
7/22/16 - Dealer placed order in Ford System
7/24/16 - Order accepted by Ford, provided Order Number
11/21/16 (Today) - Nada!!! No delivery ETA, no news, no nothing...LOL

I'm starting to wonder if it will ever happen!
Hang tight!