Truck moving sideways on wet, broken roads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It's part of the Raptor mystique.
You get used to it and miss it when it's not there. Kinda like that old girlfriend that let you do "things", but threw all your shit out the window because you said the wrong thing when she told you to talk dirty.
:emotions133:

Right now my Raptor is in the shop for a few odds and ends. I have a 2018 f150 4x loaner, it does not hop around at all like the raptor, on the same spot I drive every day where the Raptor dances a little, like clockwork. It's not a big deal.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok thanks. And what’s your opinion on the front shocks any reason to do those?
Different from the rear, this discussion is about "fixing" the rear, while replacing the front shocks are an upgrade.
My rear shocks are working pretty darn good with the Deaver pak, still has a soft supple ride on road (which I like, but not every one does) and for the terrain and speeds I drive they work better then expected.
The big complaint for the front is a very soft spring..for the street I'm fine with it, but is a little soft for off road work.

OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tire pressure!!! Tire pressure!!!! Tire pressure!!!!!

You should run 36 psi in the front and 34 psi. In the rear. Try that first.
You can run lower too if you want. I see a lot of guys running 32 psi. in the rear on Gen 2s

A set of Deavers rear springs and Camburg rear spring shackles.
+2 on the Deavers and the Tig Welded regular shackles will be stock ride height.
Camburg Mig welded ones are cheaper.

This will eliminate most of that wiggle.

Is it 2 shuckles per each deaver pack? What is the +2 number means?

So if I get 2 of these:
https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/camburg-ford-raptor-17-20-rear-tig-4130-shackles/
And pair of these:
https://deaverspring.com/product/ra...pring-eliminates-factory-block-1-inch-lift-2/
that should do it?
I have no idea how rear suspension works in trucks.
So does the fox suspension stays?
Do I need to replace springs in the rear too?

Thank you all of you for so much useful information!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Amantay Sorry for the late response.

You need only two shackles, one for each spring pack. They are sold in pairs.

I have a Gen 1
I'm on mid-perch (front shocks) and Deavers stock ride height (which were called +2) I'm sitting level.

Gen 2 has shorter springs.
They changed their website so it would be best to call them.
Are you planning on carrying weight or towing?

Adjusting the front spring, I would research the Gen 2 suspension section on this forum.
I do not want to tell you something wrong as I do not have a Gen 2.

Last edited: