Truck moving sideways on wet, broken roads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also use 4A if you know you’re going to be on loose or wet stuff if it bothers you to get squirrelly

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple others have said it but Deaver springs were night and day for my truck. I did the +3 HD On my truck as I have a leitner designs rack and some crap always in the bed. No more hop on expansion joints and recovery is much quicker when the rear does side step- on purpose or not.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend was driving on Tappanzee bridge once in his sports sedan during the rain
and loss control and did total loss when he drove during the rain and his car spin out
of control. I was inside that car and that's why I am little nervous.

It sounds like your friend is a poor driver. We all want to think we can drive like Ken Block, but the reality is that we’re all pretty mediocre at best. Respect the weather and road conditions, and if it feels a little squirrelly like you’re describing, then you need to back off some. Eventually you’ll figure out how fast you can get away with driving a particular stretch of pavement.

drdjin

Reaction score
Wow tons of helpful information.
Thank you guys!
I do have tonneau cover too and I will definitely check my pressure tomorrow!

So this means that wiggle wont result in loss of control?

My friend was driving on Tappanzee bridge once in his sports sedan during the rain
and loss control and did total loss when he drove during the rain and his car spin out
of control. I was inside that car and that's why I am little nervous.

Ah, another Greater NYC Gen2.. damn, I'm seeing too many of y'all out there.. When I got mine in 2/2017, I think I was the only one in the entire tri-state.... LoL
No worries Amantay, Gen2 is a solid truck, not saying Gen1 wasn't but Gen2 has a much wider footprint, with the truck weighting almost 6,000 Lbs with driver only (300lb driver, lol), it would be pretty tough to loose it quickly like a 2000 lb small car would. Just as this truck is really tough to drift, it can, really well in the rain. As what most members had posted, check your tire pressure and threads. If you tend to push hard on the truck, the threads on those tires will go very quickly.

drdjin

Reaction score
It sounds like your friend is a poor driver. We all want to think we can drive like Ken Block, but the reality is that we’re all pretty mediocre at best. Respect the weather and road conditions, and if it feels a little squirrelly like you’re describing, then you need to back off some. Eventually you’ll figure out how fast you can get away with driving a particular stretch of pavement.
Great advise...
If anyone one need a great driving lesion, head down to SC, the BMW Performance Driving School. It would be money well spent.. Yes, they will teach you to drift.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah, another Greater NYC Gen2.. damn, I'm seeing too many of y'all out there.. When I got mine in 2/2017, I think I was the only one in the entire tri-state.... LoL
No worries Amantay, Gen2 is a solid truck, not saying Gen1 wasn't but Gen2 has a much wider footprint,

Who the hell told you this????

The Raptors stance is the same from 2008 to 2020
It still remains the same "The Raptor is 7" wider than a standard F150"....

Last edited:

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the way vehicles without much weight over rear axle act. They like to hop around on big bumps. Every pickup ive owned has done it.