Truck getting painted at Raptor Addicts(Kirk)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SvtDon

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there any way you can shoot an upward photo showing the bedside supports? Did he "Fusior" them to the bedside, or something else? Very curious. I'm really close to buying a bed and getting this done.

Yes, I will try to get a better picture when I get my truck back!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't have enough pics! :). I wonder where I can get another bed myself now that I think about it. That way I can cut it up with bed cage without thinking twice and easily return back to stock IF EVER need be.
Would any same year f-150 bed work?

Method NV/37's
Boatec front and Rear fenders
Rigid dually's in fogs
FOR NOW!
usageda3.jpgysazahu6.jpg
se8y8aba.jpg

OP
OP
SvtDon

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't have enough pics! :). I wonder where I can get another bed myself now that I think about it. That way I can cut it up with bed cage without thinking twice and easily return back to stock IF EVER need be.
Would any same year f-150 bed work?

Method NV/37's
Rigid dually's in fogs
FOR NOW!
usageda3.jpgysazahu6.jpg
se8y8aba.jpg

I would think any new year of f150 would work. I know a guy that just swapped his whole bed out from a raptor with boatecs to his regular f150.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The bed bolt pattern on the beds for the Raptors and F-150's of the same year are the same. As long as it's the 5.5' bed of course. You can definitely swap the bed boxes.

As far as needing bedside braces with the Boatec's, you will only need these if you are dovetailing. When the bed is in stock form, you can adhere the Boatec's to the inner structure that the bedsides are originally welded to. But when dovetailed, there is no inner structure due to the alteration. Therefore, the fiberglass panels in the rear will be loose and will be highly vulnerable to shaking and breaking. Using the existing brace is your reinforcement for this issue.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ill be dovetailing. Does this mean ill need to modify existing braces?! You have any pics to give me a better idea by any chance?

Method NV/37's
Rigid dually's in fogs
FOR NOW!

Last edited:

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ill be dovetailing. Does this mean ill need to modify existing braces?! You have any pics to give me a better idea by any chance?

Method NV/37's
Rigid dually's in fogs
FOR NOW!

If you dovetail the glass bedsides, you will need a rear brace. The mud guard will not fit properly anymore so you will be cutting off the the support mount for the mud guard and use the existing brace.
If you're dovetailing the stock bed, you can leave all braces as they are.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for the added explanation.

Method NV/37's
Rigid dually's in fogs
FOR NOW!