Truck Caps for Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BCRAZY

Reaction score
Interior shots as requested. Don't mind the bare bed, haven't really decided if I want a spray in bedliner or bedrug or some other contraption in there.

Let me know if you want a specific shot or anything. I will say I'm a little miffed, I was supposed to have the double LED strips on the sides of the cap, but seems like Leer forgot and just did standard LED tube in the back. I will say it is still bright, just not what I ordered (of course this was taken off the bill, but still annoying).

They aren't the best shots sorry

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thank you for sharing, are you happy with the fit and finish on the exterior? Do you feel the quality and paint are very good?

oddball9971

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing, are you happy with the fit and finish on the exterior? Do you feel the quality and paint are very good?
Overall I am pleased with it. I feel that they did a great job matching the color and others have told me the same thing.

The build quality seems very good. Is it perfect? No, but it gets the job done. I'm just not crazy on how the edges align on the rear window. It looks gappy is the only way I can describe it. Almost like the rear glass should be a hair larger than it is.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the 100XQ sport installed yesterday. I think it fits the truck very well, looks nice.

Not real thrilled with how the back window lines up with the cap, just kinda looks wrong. Plus I'm having a bit of a latching problem...only one side seems to engage unless you really slam it shut. Going back in a few days to see if the installer can correct it, just too busy ATM and didn't notice till I made it all the way home. But overall very pleased with it.e634184f525ddb70beb29b7190d59451.jpgc1a9426aa187fb6192f8ea8cf09cb2de.jpg

I had the LEER on my Tacoma 4x4 and it sucked..!! Same problems...back window fit and latch that wasnt worth squat...leaked bad in back tailgate corner which I noticed 1st time I washed it...figured I was just to aggressive with the hose....then it rained and same leak...took it back and the Leer Dealer says....well it is a pick-up and suppose to get wet..!! HUH....I bought the top to keep shit DRY inside....At time I was dealing in books and always had boxes of them in back.Finally got them to REPLACE it with a NEW one....SAME THING...quality was terrible...but got tired of arguing with the dealer,so made sure I kept boxes away from tailgate.
LEER......NEVER AGAIN.....!!

oddball9971

Reaction score
I had the LEER on my Tacoma 4x4 and it sucked..!! Same problems...back window fit and latch that wasnt worth squat...leaked bad in back tailgate corner which I noticed 1st time I washed it...figured I was just to aggressive with the hose....then it rained and same leak...took it back and the Leer Dealer says....well it is a pick-up and suppose to get wet..!! HUH....I bought the top to keep shit DRY inside....At time I was dealing in books and always had boxes of them in back.Finally got them to REPLACE it with a NEW one....SAME THING...quality was terrible...but got tired of arguing with the dealer,so made sure I kept boxes away from tailgate.
LEER......NEVER AGAIN.....!!
You know after even more time with this thing I'm starting to feel the same way. I'm just not real thrilled with the latch at all. I have a hard time getting the thing opened because it sticks, it's so bad my wife can't even open it. I find if I'm holding something I can't get the cap open and have to put down whatever I'm carrying. I never had that problem on my Frontier which had an ARE.

I fortunately don't have any problem with leaking, but have noticed the window to the cabin is pretty crab. If it's open, which I do occasionally, it just rattles around and slides open and closed.

Honestly for what I spent I'm disappointed. And I have considered getting rid of it more than once. But sometimes being able to put stuff in there and stack vertically and still keep dry makes me keep it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the ARE Z-Series painted to match performance blue. They are at 10-12 weeks for delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro