Truck Bed Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used Ram a while ago that had a rolling bed cover (forgot the brand, but it was a major high end brand from what I remember) and didn't like it. The box it rolled up into took up space in the bed, and the bed wasn't very large to start with. It made it almost impossible to load larger items (like a motorcycle). I'm not sure how old it was, but the latching system wore out on the rails in the closed position so the cover would always open by itself a couple inches until it locked into the next set of locks. It was super annoying.

A couple buddies of mine have the bakflip and love them. I've used their trucks before and it was more convenient than the roll up one I had.

Edit... someone posted before I finished typing this... my rolling one was the roll n lock. His posted reminded me.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a Truxedo Sentry CT. Hard rolling cover like the bakflip revolver ones. I like it because it rolls up and is easy to remove completely but is a hard cover that locks. Also, rolled up you can access basically the full bed and you can still see out the back window...thats why I went with the roll up over a folding one.

Definitely not perfectly secure like the sliding roll ups but you cant just stick a knife through it like soft rolling covers. I feel comfortable leaving my expensive mountain bike in the back laid down and not have to worry about it.

I like that its flush and the material is canvas like a convertible top. You cannot close your tailgate with it closed unfortunately...but you just need to flip it up a small amount and close it.

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
I had a Roll N Lock on my Platinum and put the Retrax Pro on my Raptor. I like the Retrax MUCH better.

I can open the tailgate with the cover closed and locked, something I couldn't do w/ the Roll N Lock. I also like the latch / handle better on the Retrax.

It's worth pointing out I started out with the electric cover. Retrax replaced it 3 times in the 1st 3 months before I insisted they take it off my truck, give me the manual one, and refund the difference in the price. No complaints since the manual was installed.

One was replaced because it leaked horribly. The 2nd one had an issue w/ the motor where it wouldn't stop where it was supposed to and jammed. The 3rd one the battery in the remote died on me (it was less than 3 weeks old at the time) and there's no way to open the cover without the remote.

Reaction score
Greg, Retrax and Gatortrax are the same thing. Gatortrax is just a private label from the Retrax line. Realtruck/ Truckhero own Gatortrax but in the end save the money and get the gator brand can't go wrong!

Metcalf

Reaction score
If your looking for a roll up the proX15 is my favorite. It has a very low profile look and has a flat black canvas look. And it holds water out like a champ.

skiborsy

Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with my Pace Edwards Ultragroove. The canister does, of course, take up some space at the front, but there's still plenty of space underneath it. It's been fairly water resistant and one can open/close the tailgate without moving the cover. Also, unlike the others where you have an external locking mechanism, the Ultragroove has a lever underneath the cover for releasing (so you do have to open the tailgate to open the cover, but that hasn't been an issue for me).