truck bed 12v

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just was wondering what would be the best method to wire up a 12v outlet in the bed of the truck.
Should I wire it to one of upfitter switches? or use add a circuit in passenger fuse box if so is there any firewall on passenger side I can access?

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All depends on what you are trying to power up/ final requirements are?

Keyed power? Constant?

I have aux 6 hooked up to my reverse alarm for jobsite use. I also ran 2 dedicated 12/2 cables direct from the battery thru the frame to the back of the truck. I've got a dedicated red and dedicated white Baja Designs rock light in the bed. Some of my extra curriculars require me to work out of the bed but not draw attention to myself/location. The OEM bedlights also trigger the mirror lights.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just was wondering what would be the best method to wire up a 12v outlet in the bed of the truck.
Should I wire it to one of upfitter switches? or use add a circuit in passenger fuse box if so is there any firewall on passenger side I can access?
I wish I had an answer for you. Good luck if your'e set on doing that.

If I didnt just get the 21' with the 2k on board I was going to get this and just bring it along when needed.

Throwing another option out there if you haven't seen these small generators and are open to other ideas.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093RB5XH4/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Sure is a lot less work to go thru very portable and almost silent at 10ft.

OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All depends on what you are trying to power up/ final requirements are?

Keyed power? Constant?

I have aux 6 hooked up to my reverse alarm for jobsite use. I also ran 2 dedicated 12/2 cables direct from the battery thru the frame to the back of the truck. I've got a dedicated red and dedicated white Baja Designs rock light in the bed. Some of my extra curriculars require me to work out of the bed but not draw attention to myself/location. The OEM bedlights also trigger the mirror lights.
just powering my jackery and fridge, you think aux 6will do it? 5A? or do i need to hook it to 15A or 10A?