Truck almost burnt to the ground

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Purchase some pure concentrated peppermint oil from a health store and pour it into a spray bottle, View attachment 317889from Amazon, and spray around the engine and underneath as I've read this will do the trick because they hate the smell.

You may have to reapply every few months.

Would be interested to hear from people who have actually tried it.

1) Does it actually work?
2) Does the smell leak into the cabin through the HVAC?

Sputnik

Reaction score
1AB6032B-FB36-41C6-B16B-AAA49CC1EC02.jpeg
Have had excellent success with this. I put it inside any vehicle, tractors, etc. and rodents stay away, including engine compartment.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a friggin mud gobber (mud wasp) crawl into my valve cover through a small hole on my intake breather hose and build a @&)&! Mud nest inside my driver side valve cover. It must of chewed the plastic hose to get inside because I don't remember having that hole there, hole was small but those things will fit through anything. I only discovered it because I got a check engine light and after replacing the cam angle sensor I removed the valve cover to replace the VVT solenoid and saw the big a$$ mud nest dangling by my valve springs. I couldn't believe it.
I drive my truck more often now and keep it indoors to limit the exposure to pests.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a friggin mud gobber (mud wasp) crawl into my valve cover through a small hole on my intake breather hose and build a @&)&! Mud nest inside my driver side valve cover. It must of chewed the plastic hose to get inside because I don't remember having that hole there, hole was small but those things will fit through anything. I only discovered it because I got a check engine light and after replacing the cam angle sensor I removed the valve cover to replace the VVT solenoid and saw the big a$$ mud nest dangling by my valve springs. I couldn't believe it.
I drive my truck more often now and keep it indoors to limit the exposure to pests.
That's crazy. Gonna build a new garage soon at the new house, and sealing it up tight to keep out all the critters is high on my list.

Seems like the garage door bottom bag seal ends are a weak point.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had one under my hood for a bit. I daily drove it too. Found rat prints, **** and poop. they hadn't destroyed anything yet.

I bought this.

Loraffe Under Hood Animal Repeller Rodent Repellent Ultrasonic Rat Deterrent LED Strobe Lights Keep Mice Away from Car Pest Control for 12V 24V Automobile Truck RV, Rodent Defense Vehicle Protection​

It hooks up to your battery and when the truck isnt moving, it had a flashing white light and an ultrasonic sound. It auto shuts off when it detects movement.

Never had an issue again. I installed it on the battery facing the fan

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That's crazy. Gonna build a new garage soon at the new house, and sealing it up tight to keep out all the critters is high on my list.

Seems like the garage door bottom bag seal ends are a weak point.

probably more of a deal when you have the garage door open. Fortunately, my most frequent garage trespassers are frogs. I know they’re not getting under the door while it’s closed. And there’s a gecko inside the house who snuck in while I was brewing on the back porch. And that garage door seal? I found a black snake sleeping against it outside one day.

Stephane

Reaction score
He..he… Last year I had a similar matter! I started my car in the morning and I heard a strange noise for not even a second. So I didn’t took a look under the hood.

I was driving to my office but while waiting in the traffic jam, I opened my window.

A nice small was cruising around, somebody is doing a barbecue…. At 8 AM? Ok, why not…

Cars were going ahead again and I drive to the next traffic light. Again this small.. Impossible that somebody else had the same idea!

The wind stopped and I saw smoke going out of the hood of my Infinity… I went to the side line to stop. When I open the hood a big cloud of smoke went out… With a really appetizing smell!

I found out that a marten get killed or injure by the alternator belt – I suppose because I found skin with hairs on the tension roll.

This beast felt down or run away under the fume collector and there get grilled!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I started my '62 chevy one morning and was surprised to find that a cat had decided to sleep in the engine compartment. Not as surprised as the cat ...