TRR : truck set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did a quick search and did not find anything specific to how guys set up their trucks for the TRR.

Specifically stock truck tire pressures, sway bars connected or disconnected, fuel load etc....

I've done my share of off road, but not familiar with the type of dirt/terrain or speeds we will see at TRR

Thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

At TRR14 I aired down to 28psi. I had fuel cans but where not needed. Also had a bed cage for spare tire, jack and tools.

For Raptoberfest, heard it is not as rough but since April my truck will be upgraded anyways. Can't wait.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At TRR14 I was stock everything minus bumpstops and Auto trans reservoir and cooler.

Didn't even air down my tires too much.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I ran stock tires 30psi (powerslides and brake while turning without bead issues)
Swaybar disconnected so you get better articulation and less side to side movement over rough uneven surfaces.
No fuel cans in the bed.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Like others have already mentioned, tire psi between 20-30 (depending on majority of terrain type), sway bar off. Wouldn't worry too much about fuel load. It's not a race.

As far as parts, a bump kit and leafs are great way to start improving truck safety and performance. As is a bed cage to hold a spare or two.

Like you said, you have offroad experience, but sounds like not high speed stuff (I could be wrong, so I mean no offence). Just use your head, and work up to your OWN pace. Most crashes are caused by ones own ego, despite a properly setup truck. The Raptor is great in stock form, but it can't compensate for stupid.:ROFLJest:

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Im mid perch no sway since new. Only high speed running was down the beach at N.Padre but that was sand and no rocks. I did see 100+ mph down the beach when no one was looking...lol

When we got down to the unmanned area on PINS it was sand rollers and serious sand ruts. Maybe 25-40 mph at most. Sand is forgiving though.

I can wait to get out and play.

cheapmike13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tracks great it's not gonna tear up your tires like texana ranch but make sure you have a spare. Bolt everything down you don't want flying loose in your bed. Bring fuel cans so your not making so many trips to the gas station but you can leave them in the pit. Mid-perch, air down (a must), tow straps, and extra fluids. A stock truck run just fine down the track. I do Recommend some type of frame support sdhq has one for $100 or go with the bump stops $1400.

Sent from a banana

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, like the OP I am on my first Raptor run, looking forward to it!!